Archinect
anchor

Master's degree in 'Lanscape architecture' with 'Architecture' undergraduate

leetecture

Those of you who have a master's degree in Landscape Architecture with Architecture background. how is your carrier different than people with Master's in Architecture with Architecture undergraduate?

Is possible to work as an architect and a lanscape architect in same time?

If so, do you recomend others to do same?

May 26, 11 4:39 pm

It's a challenge to get licensed in both - different requirements with only a few years of overlap. The RLA is easier then getting the RA in most states - IDP does suck and is keeping many very qualified folks from practicing. No, you can't sign your own IDP forms once you are a licensed RLA.

Yes, you can practice as both, but perhaps it's better to find a complementary partner to work with. there are different skills and technical knowledge required to master and it's hard to keep a foot in both camps.

my arch background does make me a better 'scaper,  and I'm finding my niche in sustainable urbanism where the arch degrees/experience helps.

May 26, 11 10:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: