Archinect
anchor

How's the south doing?

facader

Anyone work in the triangle in NC? How is it going there? Is there one city better than the others for architecture? I am looking to move near there in the not so distant future. Good places to live nearby? I am very nervous as this will be the "final" move before my wife and I start having the babies. God save us.

Jul 7, 08 12:29 pm
Apurimac

Housing bust has hit it hard, although downtown Atlanta is experiencing a serious office and condo boom. I don't know of anybody down there who are currently hiring.

Jul 7, 08 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
SoulBrother#1

Charlotte's one of the best in the country in terms of the housing crisis. Raliegh may have some firms that are better but I'd check out Charlotte if I were you.

Jul 8, 08 11:08 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I designed the Neiman Marcus store in Charlotte... Or at least a substantial portion of the exterior.

My parents live in Raleigh and I visit the area about once a year... The only new construction I usually see is McMansions and strip malls.

Jul 8, 08 11:24 am  · 
 · 
SoulBrother#1

check out this article on Raleigh and Charlotte

http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/706714.html

Jul 10, 08 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
facader

Thanks Brotha! (In Hulk Hogan voice)

Jul 10, 08 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
induct

The firm I worked at in Wilmington has evidently hired a bunch of people, but they do rich people residential, mainly on a private island.

Jul 11, 08 1:13 am  · 
 · 

still durty!!

Jul 11, 08 2:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: