Archinect
anchor

If I had a time machine I would...

ripomatic

go back to the 70's with a video ipod (the full-screen OR the vintage one) and show John Travolta Hairspay

Jul 1, 08 12:29 am
Living in Gin

Go back to the early 90's and knock some sense into myself.

Jul 1, 08 12:32 am  · 
 · 
led signal light

go to 2018 and see if rem koolhaas is really running a night club in the basement of burj dubai.

Jul 1, 08 2:41 am  · 
 · 
Renewable

Abort Hitler.
See my Great great great great great great Grandchildren.

Jul 1, 08 3:25 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

...stop the Big Bang, and save us all the trouble.

Jul 1, 08 4:32 am  · 
 · 
Synergy

i think stopping the big bang, even with a time machine, might prove to be difficult.

Jul 1, 08 10:19 am  · 
 · 
Emilio

no, beta, it's simpler than that (i've already suggested it in another thread):
you simply go back to the african savannah or wherever it all started and take out the original small band of hominids struggling to survive: problem solved, the earth goes back to a natural state, this land mass here that we now call the usa still has its primeval forests and herds of buffalo, hitler never happens (of course, neither do michelangelo and mozart).
of course, as soon as you take out the hominids, you disappear in a puff of nothing.

Jul 1, 08 10:36 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Go back to 1968 and hang out in San Fransisco. I'm pissed I missed the 60s.

Or go back to 1978 and start a punk band down on the Lower East Side.

Jul 1, 08 10:50 am  · 
 · 
Rottnme

I'd go back in time and I'd want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL.

Then go back to my suddenly less populated less polluted hometime.

Jul 1, 08 11:11 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

recount the Florida votes or hold a new election allowing the disenfranchised African American populations vote to count.

Jul 1, 08 11:13 am  · 
 · 
binary

so this hot girl asked me to go back to her house back in 2000..... and i didnt.... we had this weird tie between eachother....and i didnt....... i still kick myself in my kneecap for that one.............

if i really had a time machine..hmmmm...... i think once you alter the past just a bit, it'll affect you then the future then your time machine might not even happen then you would be stuck......

Jul 1, 08 11:19 am  · 
 · 
FRO

I'd go back to May and live June again, pretty much exactly like it just happened.

or some serious Jeremiah Johnson shit.

Jul 1, 08 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

i second apurimac's. although in 1977-78 i might go to england instead and see all of the clash's and the jam's concerts...and start a band.

Jul 1, 08 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

rottnme, love the alice's restaurant quote...my favorite part of that song.

Jul 1, 08 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

eliminate Jesus

make the indians win and the cowboys lose

Jul 1, 08 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

4arch, that's pretty offensive.

i would apply for a job in mies's office or perhaps saarinen's.

Jul 1, 08 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

maybe you needed to be offended. I don't see how my answer is any more offensive than beta's.

Jul 1, 08 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Screw killing Jesus, go back and kill Abraham and spare us all.

Jul 1, 08 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

collect evidence on all the 16 'jesus' martyrs to prove christians as delusional psychotic peeps they are.

for sure arm the natives so they could defend their own land against the occupiers who genocided them.

i'm 100% with 4arch the more this time machine could be used to stop the violence that is religion the better.

Jul 1, 08 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
led signal light

go to 2018 and see if dubai is completed.

Jul 1, 08 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
Renewable

Where are you from Antisthenes? (originally)

Jul 1, 08 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

are y'all really so guilty about what humans have done? kill jesus before what? kill him before he was killed? gimme a break!

i'd go back and hang out with my dad

Jul 1, 08 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i know the answer, i'd make everyone BRIGHT!

Jul 1, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

then i'd follow with a big-ass paintbrush and paint them dark!

Jul 1, 08 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

"i'm 100% with 4arch the more this time machine could be used to stop the violence that is religion the better"

nah, we would just hate each other over countless other things, like we do now (although religion is a big spanner in the works). i say take out the hominids, solves everything (i know that's misanthropic, but it's a fantasy scenario anyway, there'll never be a time machine...i've always wondered what the earth would look like right now without us...not that hard to imagine.)

Jul 1, 08 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
.nl

Go back to yesterday with todays lotery numbers

Jul 1, 08 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
weem_of_crete

I'd go back in time 30 minutes and bake a cake, then travel forward in time an hour so it would be cool and ready to eat. Then I'd go back in time again to the auditions for Terminator 3. I'd convince Kristanna Lokken the film wasn't right for her and she'd be so grateful we'd both go forward in time and eat cake, then get crazy.

Yeah.

Jul 1, 08 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I cant believe nobody said Nov 5 1955 already

Jul 1, 08 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
Renewable

Jul 1, 08 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

i would buy oil at $30

Jul 1, 08 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Renewable

i would buy Saudi Arabia for $29

Jul 1, 08 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Nice stuff, people.

I'd go to the 1730's and, holding my nose, take in what Bach sounded like playing his own stuff. . .

Jul 1, 08 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Go back to the Italian Renaissance, have coffee with DaVinci. Go to the beginning of the Protestant Reformation and have a chat with Luther. Wouldn't mind going to see some of Mozart's Operas when he was conducting them, or even Beethoven for that matter. Perhaps have lunch with Marie Antoinette and find out if she really was a twit or just misunderstood. I'd sit in on the Federalist debates btw our founding fathers and figure out a way to prevent good ole Shrub from ever taking office. Then maybe slide on over to Gandhi's neighborhood, on my way back perhaps stop by MLK's house... that's just the beginning. Perhaps a better question for me is where would I NOT want to go if I had a time machine.

Jul 1, 08 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Rent a new '37 Cord Beverly sedan and drive it to the newly-built Fallingwater.

Jul 2, 08 12:21 am  · 
 · 
fulcrum

go back to 1996, claim archinect.com, and sell it to Paul at a million dollars.

Jul 2, 08 8:43 am  · 
 · 
fulcrum

and oh yeah, stop the 9/11 and catch Bin Laden.
or evacuate people from Hiroshima and Nagasaki before they got bombed (same goes to that Tsunami and all the high casualty-events).
Get autographs from Jesus and his dudes, and sell them on eBay.

Jul 2, 08 8:57 am  · 
 · 
med.

I would make sure the Saudi royal family never made it into power.

Jul 2, 08 8:57 am  · 
 · 
AAKWEKS

Put a fence around america before columbus got here! Keep the americans out of america- you know.
but wait, oh shit they didnt have concrete back then......I better go somewhen else wit' my time whip!

maybe design the unbuildable, then go tho the future when it IS possible with the new anti-gravity concrete they are going to develop in 10 years. I cant wait to make floating slabs

Jul 2, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

it's not too late to put a fence around america!

build that border fence NOW!

Jul 2, 08 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Lets' see -- HOW much do we have to pay Amurkins to pick crops ?

Jul 2, 08 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
dia

I would sell it for $10 Billion Pounds to the UN so that no one can use it.

Jul 3, 08 12:07 am  · 
 · 
SDR

Hmm. Maybe someone there could go back and slip the Pill in Mrs Mugabe's tea. . .

Jul 3, 08 12:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: