Archinect
anchor

Cups of Coffee/Day?

bentropy

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day? Relative min/max? Mean? Alternatives?

Jun 27, 08 5:39 pm
xtbl

always one in the morning, sometimes another @ the 3pm slump.

Jun 27, 08 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
bentropy

im at about 4 double espressos a day... some times as many as 6 (12+ hour days) or as few as 2. alternatives? power nap or pull ups on an exposed I beam in the office...

Jun 27, 08 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
kanu

usually about two espresso drinks a day, i try to limit it to one or none but that usualy means i have to make the office coffee and lets face it im lazy.

the three pm slump gets me two

Jun 27, 08 5:51 pm  · 
 · 

none... i kicked the caffeine habit after grad school... i haven't had a caffeinated drink in over 5 years...

Jun 27, 08 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

0 i am caffinee free all my life because i saw what it did to adults when i was a child and vowed never to go there

Jun 27, 08 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

alternative: Kombucha

Jun 27, 08 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

none. i prefer toro roho

Jun 27, 08 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I usually drink 1 cup a day during the work week and half the time I don't even finish it. Weekends I usually don't drink any, unless I go out to brunch.

Jun 27, 08 9:29 pm  · 
 · 

before the dawning of coffee, i was in double figures of builder's tea. those were the dark days when after the 8th cup it gave me the caffeine blues.

now on a rather emasculated small cappuccino a day.....

Jun 27, 08 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

1 latte in the morning, 1 coke at lunch, an 8 ball and hookers after dinner

Jun 27, 08 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

2-3 dark roast depth charges

Jun 27, 08 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
archroma

Green tea. But I am sensitive to caffeine so even that is for early in the morning. Emergen-C packets are my alternative sometimes.

Jun 28, 08 12:44 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

1-2 large cups of our office swill. i actually prefer the cheap stuff.

Jun 28, 08 10:19 am  · 
 · 
mantaray

what is "builder's tea"?

emergen-c packets are purely psychosomatic... there was a really interesting Science Friday bit on it a couple years back on NPR

I drink about .5 cups a day.

Jun 28, 08 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

during the week about 3 cups x 4 days. That's about 12 - 13 cups a week.

Jun 28, 08 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

We grind beans at home and damn we drink alot of coffee....I would hate to count how many cups....but way to many. When I'm working hard on design I find myself drinking more...guess it makes my mind work a little faster....but then again it might be my heart....
obtw...I heart coffee...and brazilian women that make it.

Jun 28, 08 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
archroma

I don't know about the psychosomatic effect of Emergen-C but the vitamin C in it hits the spot when I am craving sour patch kids.

Jun 28, 08 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

probably four double espressos on average.

Jun 28, 08 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

One mug of dark coffee (usually French roast) when I wake up.

I usually pick up a large coffee from Starbucks or other outfit on my way to work in the morning, and that usually lasts until lunchtime. Sometimes I'll grab a latte instead, if I'm particularly sleepy and feel like spending the extra money.

I generally cut myself off caffeine at lunchtime, but sometimes I hit a brick wall around 3:00 and need another coffee. For that, I usually just grab a mug of the office coffee.

As for how I take it: Lots of cream, lots of sugar.

Jun 29, 08 12:19 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I just blasted a 6 inch rail and have 2 Brazilianns coming over. im filling up the air mattress right now. FUCK COFFEE

Jun 29, 08 2:55 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

I'm the odd ball here, no coffee on weekdays and a whole pot on weekends.

Jun 29, 08 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

probably 1 full pot a day, 7 days a week (weekends kinda blur into the weeks)

Jun 30, 08 9:04 am  · 
 · 
mation

i usually drink 2 cups per day at work, since it's there.
i don't often bother to make it at home.

i once read somewhere that david lynch drinks/drank 20 cups per day.

Jun 30, 08 9:16 am  · 
 · 
aemkei

Weekends usually none to one cup per day. Weekdays... 2 cups between 9 and lunch but I'm usually too into what I'm doing then and only finish half of each cup before they go cold. Then one right after lunch, and one when I get back to the office... and then the mid-afternoon one and possibly one last cup at five if i have to work past that hour.

Jun 30, 08 9:56 am  · 
 · 
kanu

has anyone tried cold brew coffee systems, i hear they are awsome and it sounds like such a good idea on a hot day

Jun 30, 08 11:29 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

In school, I'd usually have 2-3, sometimes 4.

Now: one large iced coffee from Peet's that I drink over the course of nine hours. By about the fourth, it's kind of gross.

Jun 30, 08 11:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: