Archinect
anchor

NYC feature film looking for classical architectural models

jaymalee

Does any one happen to have any models of classical iconic European architecture lying around? My boyfriend is working on a film crew here in NY, and they're looking to borrow/rent some models (for a small price) for about a month while shooting scenes on an architectural office set.
Any offers or suggestions are welcome!

Jun 26, 08 4:48 pm
vado retro

what is classical iconic exactly?

Jun 26, 08 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
binary
http://kennedyfabrications.com/

get a hold of them.... they are in your area........

Jun 26, 08 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
jaymalee

I think they want things that are familiar-looking. That's why I used the word iconic. And classical in style. (maybe I should have placed a comma between those words). I was given the dome in Florence as an example, but I think it could be from anywhere.

Jun 26, 08 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
jaymalee

Oh, I should mention that like everyone, they're on a budget, so they were looking for student models or existing models before contacting a professional model maker. But thank you for the suggestion, cryzko - I'll definitely pass it along!

Jun 26, 08 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

probably could try the columbia archives...

Jun 26, 08 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i know that they were looking for some "older" looking models...... kennedy they might have some shit in their storage........ find a firm that does preservations and see if they have some stuff laying around....

all film crews are on a "low budget"..... and always want handouts.... been there and done that....... now i barter with people that want things

you might want to go to a thrift store then.......

Jun 26, 08 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: