Archinect
anchor

solar transformation

Eco

-philes place your recommendations for the [/i]best[/i] solar products to turn your residential project into an energy producing one.

This is something that could easily be placed in the Green Thread Central but I thought I would create something more specific for those looking to make the leap from the grid.

And if you don't think solar can cut it recommend something else

Jun 18, 08 4:27 pm
facader

I would love to see SolFocus plopped on top of a house.

Jun 18, 08 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

having lived on solar since 1984,
i just invested in a 3rd and 4th array(to pump water faster and provide electricity for an additional adobe dwelling)

energy independence is very empowering

Jun 18, 08 7:21 pm  · 
 · 

i'm green with envy.

Jun 20, 08 10:53 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

a friend of mine has been doing alot of research with a hybrid of Photvoltaic and Solar Thermal Systems together in one panel...

When asked why such a simple idea has become mroe widely used..he says ..." that the PV guys and the Hydronic never seem to want to team up"

Jun 20, 08 11:04 am  · 
 · 
4arch

hydronic are pretty to build yourself.

Jun 20, 08 11:06 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

yeah I guess homemade hydronics are pretty, I mean dont know many people that do that....

but my friend could very well patent his work once he gets out of Engeineering school

Jun 20, 08 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
postal

how would you keep the heat away from the PV's? doesn't heat drastically reduce the PV efficiency?

Jun 20, 08 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

well , when the pvs are running hot..you can increase their efficiency by running coolant behind them, with say heat pump or geo thermal, etc.

In the winter you want to capture the heat though.

Jun 20, 08 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

try this dance floor

dance floor will be capable of generating 60% of the building's electricity. The technology involves building a sprung floor and power generating blocks. The blocks are made of piezoelectric crystals which produce current when subjected to pressure. Dancers dance, blocks are squeezed and the current is fed into batteries used to electrify the nightclub.

motto: "All you have to do is dance to save the world"

While the idea of clubbing may seem alien to some, doing it environmentally might give new meaning to a night out that goes until 4 a.m. Where to start--at the door--no entry until you sign a pledge promising to work towards stopping climate change. Then free entry to those who can prove they got there by foot, bike or public transport. Once inside, organic drinks will be served in polycarbon cups and there will be recycled water in the lavatories.
Jun 20, 08 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8mIl6FaFYo

This would be a good "Eco - Jig"

Jun 20, 08 5:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: