Archinect
anchor

materials library storage

missmeer

hey y'all

the firm i'm working for is moving to a new office in a month or so and we're trying to re-do a lot of our materials library organization, etc.

i've been searching high and low for good looking open storage containers/bins that would allow us to flip through things like tile samples mounted on 14 x 11 boards.

know of anything?

Jun 18, 08 4:25 pm
ether

which begs the question; if you can't find what you are looking for, why not design and build it (or farm it out if you must).

Jun 18, 08 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

hey, i'm just the intern!

But yeh, if i was in charge, i think that's probably what i would do.

Jun 18, 08 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
AP

could be an opportunity. show a supervisor all of the less than great off the shelf options that you've found during your search, then propose, as ether suggests, that you design it in-house. perhaps the construction could be part of the fitting out of your new space...

Jun 18, 08 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

agreed margot, at worst you're bosses will be amused/impressed with your initiative... at best they will agree with you and perhaps involve you in what could be a very fun project.

Jun 18, 08 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

here's the sample library at our office.

Jun 18, 08 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i thought those were lint rollers.

Jun 18, 08 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

i'll definitely consider proposing a design.
we are already having some table tops and bookshelves custom made, so i can't imagine it would be hard to do some storage stuff as well.

and i, too, thought those were lint rollers, lol.

on a related note, i was also researching steel flat files --- are SAFCO and Mayline *really* the only companies making them? I found an archived discussion regarding this, but maybe, just maybe someone else has started manufacturing them since that topic was posted in 2006...

Jun 18, 08 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

'used' lint rollers vado; we're storing them until there is a clear recycling protocol.

Jun 19, 08 11:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: