Archinect
anchor

NYIT Housing, Riverside or Clark

asdflkijd

Just curious, since I know a few students here that attdend NYIT Architecture school resides in dorms, how are the two? Goods, bads and what to stay away from.. I will probably be dorming with a rommie so I'm also curious if I will be able to get any work done (is the space relatively small?). I need to dorm for a semester and then I will be moving out to my own place. Thanks in advance, Peter

Jun 17, 08 5:45 pm
Sean!

i never lived in either of them, but from what I heard from my fellow peers:

Riverside is really nice: I guess that makes sense.
Clark is loud and rowdy!

Jun 17, 08 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Clark is the place to party
Riverside is nice, but the rooms are really small so you'll struggle to get work done in them, esp. with a roommate thats non-arch.

You should aim to get out of them as fast as possible though.

Jun 17, 08 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
asdflkijd

Thanks for the quick response guys, I'm going to be looking at Riverside since its closer and actually in Manhattan, I'm going to be apartment searching ASAP, :) but for now, the dorms will have to do, I'm pretty sure that they wont assign any big projects till the end of the year right? By then I should have moved out to a bigger more suitable place to do my work, and sleep ;)

Jun 17, 08 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
gonad

last semester, we had to measure the place we live... a student measured his dorm and was roughly 12'x12' and had a roomie. i believe it was at the riverside location.

Jun 17, 08 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: