Archinect
anchor

Flag Day

How come I've never heard of this before yesterday?

Jun 15, 08 3:06 pm
ether

what a bomb. this may rank up there with some of poodles greats.

Jun 16, 08 9:44 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Ether, you never heard of Flag day? Where did you go to grade school?

And I hope your Father's Day was awesome.

Jun 16, 08 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
ether

Thanks, SH! Flag Day must be a regional thing... either that or I am just unpatriotic.

Jun 16, 08 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I must admit, it was a bigger deal in Ohio than it is here. Strange, since we are very proud of OUR flag.

Jun 16, 08 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical
Flag Day
Jun 16, 08 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
ether

yes, i'm definitely unpatriot (and live under a rock).

Jun 16, 08 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

you sound like a terrorist to me... better hope we never cross paths... i dont take kindly to terrorists...

Jun 16, 08 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké
Jun 16, 08 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

i like the idea of local/regional holidays...in suffolk county (boston), and somerville for example, it's bunker hill day today.

i also think casimir pulaski day is cool, though i'm unsure where it's celebrated.

Jun 17, 08 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

under the Pulaski Skyway, naturally.

Jun 17, 08 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i recently found out that i share my birthday with National Duran Duran Appreciation Day.

so, uh, BOO-YA!

Jun 17, 08 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

molto bene! now here's a question: what the hell is the difference between a bridge and a skyway? or is it just a matter of futurelingo lusting?

Jun 17, 08 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i can't answer that question per se, but i can tell you that the skyway is vastly more than a simple bridge.

we used to get "stoned" and go "roofriding" over it, whereby one person or even two at a time would climb (at 65mph +/-) out the back window of my friend's chevy stationwagon and up onto the roof rack where secure footing was feasible.

really good times.

Jun 17, 08 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

mighty, i thinks i needs a skyway!

Jun 17, 08 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

everyone needs a good "skyway" once in a while.

Jun 17, 08 8:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: