Archinect
anchor

hydropolis

allSTAR

i don't know why but this project has been underway near dubai for a quiet a while and yet has managed to skip much attention (probably because the architect/designer is not a 'starchitect').

the design i thought is weird and i'm wondering how authentic the information / details are.

but the idea is very fascinating.

does anyone have more input on this project?

http://www.crescent-hydropolis.com/

Jun 12, 08 4:03 pm
lletdownl

those look like renderings from a final fantasy game!

Jun 12, 08 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

tell me about it! FFVIII anyone?

Jun 12, 08 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

seems to be alot going down in Dubai,
Final Fantasy VII? yea, i can see that

Jun 12, 08 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

intriguing ideas, horrible website....reminds me of this http://www.waterworldcolorado.com/

Jun 12, 08 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Laugh all you want, but it was seeing this structure in a video game magazine back in 98-99 that helped spark my passion for architecture:

Jun 12, 08 6:22 pm  · 
 · 

I have heard about it.
Seems doable. Why not with petro dollars?

Jun 12, 08 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

can someone explain what this place actually is...that website is driving me insane.

Jun 13, 08 12:13 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, i don't like the website either.

funny, though, one of the proposals reminds me of both eero saarinen's twa terminal as well as the "encounter" restaurant @ lax by tazuka (?)

Jun 13, 08 12:19 am  · 
 · 
allSTAR

its apparently an underwater luxury hotel resort.

Jun 13, 08 12:21 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

i'm sorry, i was thinking of william pereira.

not remembering the architect, i remembered the last name i could think of that i could associate as having done something at LAX and remembered ted tanaka, who did the light pylons that change colors at the entrance road to the terminals.

i couldn't even remember his name exactly right, corrupting tanaka into tazuka, because i was thinking of takaharo and yui tezuka, a firm that i had recently come across and liked, in another thread.

funny how the mind works!

Jun 13, 08 2:13 am  · 
 · 
over_under

if you google it... what appears to be a satelite image of the site comes up.... cant tell if its real or a fake. last i heard about the project is that the company was having financial problems... maybe they overcame them? i know there is a much more shallow water version of this being built in fiji called poseidon underwater resort or something along those lines and it is slated to open sometime soon.

Jun 13, 08 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
allSTAR

if you're refering to this google image, i'm pretty sure its a rendering. or is it?

Jun 13, 08 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
allSTAR

actually its s pretty shitty rendering

Jun 13, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: