Archinect
anchor

America's Top 20 Snobbiest Cities - an article

observant

Just saw this on the homepage ... the U.S.'s top 20 snobbiest cities.  Check out the slide show.

So, San Francisco takes the cake.  And L.A. comes in at 16.  That's nice that there's such a gap.

New York and Boston make sense.

Any PC places like Seattle, Portland, and Minneapolis make sense.

Why is Houston here, yet not Dallas and Miami?  Ah ha.  A flaw.

And I always knew I hated Santa Fe NM.

Enjoy.  I categorized this under "culture."

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-snobbiest-cities/1

Jul 2, 13 2:20 am
LITS4FormZ

Houston has no business being on this list...

Jul 2, 13 11:00 am  · 
 · 
anonitect

Meaningless drivel.  How on earth is Chicago snobbier than Washington D.C. which has a higher percentage of douche-y assholes per capita than, well, than even San Francisco.  And Minneapolis? Nice folks.

Jul 2, 13 11:26 am  · 
 · 
observant

Given that it's in Travel and Leisure, I'm sure it's not scientific.  Yes, I think both Philly and DC should be higher on the list.  DC has an immensely BAD vibe, with cloned bureaucrats running during their lunch hours on the Mall and adjacent sidewalks.  I'd bet many are douche-y.  Not so fast on Minneapolis, the liberal upper tier of the US tends to be educated, aloof, and pretty formulaic.  It shouldn't be 4, but it can stay on the list, IMO.

And, yes, Houston should NOT be on the list at all.

San Francisco (#1) is no surprise.  It's a city that is cosmopolitan and liberal, yet pissy in the way it goes about it.  Wanna get them mad?  Call it Frisco or San Fran.  It's shorter.  On the other hand, locals refer to it as "the city."  It's compact and doesn't even have 1 million people.  It ain't no Manhattan!

Jul 2, 13 11:54 am  · 
 · 
zonker

San Francisco

People here get in your face about little stuff - also all the programmers drove up the rents and now I live in a dump in Oakland and design expensive condos that only the well heeled programmers can afford. I just call it 94111 or SF. You got these rich clowns like Larry Ellison and Mark Pincas

Jul 2, 13 6:20 pm  · 
 · 

They are just selling advertising, don't buy the bullshit.

Jul 2, 13 8:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: