Archinect
anchor

cali folks....l.a. area

binary

i need some help in making a list of some firms in the l.a. culver area that are medium sized...

nice clean architecture and has a decent work load......

i know there's alot......but if you back it up with some evidence....like you are working there or something....

maybe a place that does cool interior spaces...that would be good

b

Jun 11, 08 11:46 pm
mdler

spf:a

Jun 13, 08 11:49 am  · 
 · 
tauhaus

I intern at KAA design in Marina del rey. Great place. Local LA firm with mostly high end residential clients. quickly growing though. 70 people including interiors studio and a brand marketing studio.

Jun 13, 08 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
tauhaus

P.S. not culver city, but very close

Jun 13, 08 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
hungry

i visited KAA several years ago when i was trying to figure out what to do with my life...(still am!) they were really nice to me, and it seemed like a cool place. :)

Jun 14, 08 4:34 am  · 
 · 
mdler

cryzko

I know that SPF:a builds lots of models still and they probably are pretty busy. You have to be able to deal with THE ZOLTAN, however, which may not be the easiest thing to do

why Culver City???

Jun 14, 08 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Clive Wilkinson...not IN Culver, but close....you may also want to check out all of the furniture companies that have relocated to the Culver City area

Jun 14, 08 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i'll look into it

i have to move out of my place at the end of the month.....so i have moved my vette and half my tools to my parents house.,..... not sure what will spark up between then and now....but i'm playing it by ear..... i have a friend that will buy me a 1 way ticket to cali just so i can get out of detroit.........

so, i have to make a few calls early next week to a few exhibit houses here in detroit to see if i can get some work.....

not sure where i would stay in cali if i do make it....but we'll see.....

i just have to move on...... not sure if i'm marketable in cali either..... but i just want a 9-5 and my weekly check and then focus on my work afterhours..... maybe find a lady friend in the process also.....

so, i might be listing my vette on ebay this week just to get some funds and go from there..... maybe sell off some of my furniture i have and some tools......

if i can find a spot in a firm that will let me detail/design interiors...then that'll be it...... might have to look into the exhibit houses out that way also

b

Jun 14, 08 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
Mission St.

dude, if you're moving to L.A. ... bring the 'vette with you! and a great pair of shades. you'll need 'em.

Jun 14, 08 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
binary

cant bring the vette..... it's a 77 and i'll have to rebuild the motor/exhaust back to stock to pass the b.s. emissions test there.....

Jun 14, 08 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

cali emission standards ain't bs. you should have tried breathing the air before then. now houston is the worst in the nation. keep your vette away from the LA. I want to be able to breath.

Jun 15, 08 10:42 am  · 
 · 
binary

if i can remember right.... isnt the traffic really bad during rush hour coming out of downtown l.a.?

i would think that instead of figuring emissions....maybe a new/better traffic layout might help.........

i'd rather stay late at work and wait then try to fight the traffic.......

Jun 15, 08 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Now you're thinking like a Michigander - change everything but the car.

Just giving you shit. But seriously: If you are in the car-mod community, by the time you move here you'll know a smog shop that will pass you.

Jun 16, 08 1:22 am  · 
 · 
mdler

cryzko

you may be able to get collector plates for you car...

Clive Wilkonson does lots of interiors...you may also want to check out

http://www.makearch.com/

Jun 16, 08 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i dont mind changing my car...hahah..... just would need to drop about 1500 in parts to make it happen.. motor/exhaust.............or 6,000 for a ls6 engine swap...... but due to gas prices...hmmmm..... not really wanting to drive a 350 modified small block that really isnt a daily driver

i'll look into the clive guy....thanks mdler

b

Jun 16, 08 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: