Archinect
anchor

NYC SUMMER SUBLET AVAILABLE

maya mcdifference

Just wondering if anyone is still looking for summer housing in the upper west side near columbia...one bedroom in a three bedroom apartment for three months, June through August. Looking for SINGLE MALE only. Contact me through e-mail.

May 30, 08 10:04 pm
weem_of_crete

I can understand why you'd think an architecture forum would be a good place to find a renter - us architects being so "refined" and all (;P), but I, and I think a lot of other people on this forum, get sick of seeing it being used like craigslist. If you have a room to rent, or if you're looking for a roommate, or have a Barcelona chair to sell, please don't post it here. Use craigslist. This is a forum for discussions about architecture. It may not seem so most of the time, but people actually consider it somewhat design-oriented. Kind of like a really sleek heated towel rack. 9 days out of 10 it's just a towel rack. But on the 10th day, you look at it and you're glad you own it. It's not just heated, it's hot. So to keep our forum as sexy as possible, please post the classifieds somewhere else.

May 30, 08 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I may have seriously taken you up on that offer shaybug had you said something about 2 weeks ago.

May 30, 08 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I love it when somebody with 17 comments to their name tries to school somebody with 272 comments about forum etiquette.

How much is the rent, and where (specifically) is it located? I might be interested, depending on the details.

May 30, 08 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

single male only? lol

May 31, 08 1:13 am  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

i'd like to think of this as an open forum so perhaps i should have made myself clearer. this ad is directed toward incoming AAD columbia students, or those in town for a summer internship.

more details: it's actually columbia male student housing, so there are two other guys living in the two other bedrooms which means no couples or females. located at 112th and bway. thanks living in gin, i will send you an email with rent details.

May 31, 08 9:52 am  · 
 · 
boxy

you sure this isn't in chelsea?

May 31, 08 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

ah, now i get it DJ

May 31, 08 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
kungapa

weem_of_crete - this is a forum for connecting architects and people interested in architecture and architects (archinect, get the pun). Discussing architecture happens to be one of the things architects do. Finding someone with similar interests and pursuits to temporarily share an apartment with is another thing that (prospective) architects might do.

May 31, 08 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

I wanna buy a Barcelona chair!

May 31, 08 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Ok Vado, come out from behind Kungapa.

May 31, 08 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

Let the thread hijacking begin...

tumble:

My room at the moment is a bit like an MC Escher painting... my stuff from the dorm/studio is still strewn about in all the available space and I have a path along/under/around the piles to get from the door to my bed.

May 31, 08 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
archjimmy

you guys....

Jun 1, 08 3:00 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

my new place looks like a storage warehouse.

All these damn boxes full of books and no bookshelf!

Jun 1, 08 11:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: