Archinect
anchor

the Naked Thread

it just seems like with so many people sitting quietly on archinect in nothing more than their birthday suits that it is appropriate to start a thread au natural

drops your thoughts about role of clothing in the 21st century, the naked workplace - working from home, transparent towers - the architecture of voyeurism, PETA protests - environmentalism, shelter and the preservation of animal life all these topics and more can be discussed in this thread.

May 20, 08 3:22 pm
May 20, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Ok, what is that photo of? Why are there hundreds of naked people lying infront of a mexican building?

May 20, 08 3:55 pm  · 
 · 

Sarah its the work of Spencer Tunick best known for "his installations that feature large numbers of nude people posed in artistic formations" usually in public space (a criticism of what public space means in a post-modern context)

May 20, 08 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
ether

I assuming you know the difference between naked and nekkid?

Naked is when you don't have any clothes on and nekkid is when you don't have any clothes on and are up to no good.

May 20, 08 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Sadly, it's still too cold in Naptown for me to be posting naked, or nekkid.

Thanks for starting this thread, techno - I don't have anything more to add right now, but later I'll probably have too much ;-).

May 20, 08 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

well its officially naked weather here in the Caribbean ie. too damn hot to wear clothes.

May 20, 08 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

wasn't it Kenneth Clark who distinguished between the Naked and the Nude?

May 20, 08 7:20 pm  · 
 · 

i'll know it when i see it.

May 20, 08 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Love Calvin. Like that nekkid shot better than the "pissing Calvin" seen on beat-up auto gas-filler doors.

May 21, 08 12:04 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

oh, to be a child.

May 21, 08 12:08 am  · 
 · 
SDR

Nature's panty lines ?

May 21, 08 12:11 am  · 
 · 
trace™

*waiting patiently for the more creative photo posts

May 21, 08 12:31 am  · 
 · 

you mean like this?

the garwondler returns

May 21, 08 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
rira

wierd ... i literally just signed up for a spencer tunnick in ireland in june

May 21, 08 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

see if you can wear an architecture sucks tee shirt

May 21, 08 4:09 pm  · 
 · 

and here is my vote for best naked comment for 2008

I'm a bit of an exhibitionist but not that much of one, and I do like to be naked!

- Liberty Bell

May 22, 08 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

didn't he get sued for trying to do this at a phish concert?

May 22, 08 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

some more links

Naked Pumpkin Run
Furniture and Naked People

May 28, 08 11:53 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

furniture and naked people is damn halarious

May 29, 08 12:17 am  · 
 · 
Medit

it's been posted before but .. painting naked:

full pic

leg's scar wasn't a shark but a boat propeller.. he liked swimming too much, probably was thinking about a new variation of a Ville Radieuse and didn't see the boat comin'

May 29, 08 5:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: