Archinect
anchor

how to contact a profesional architect?

rawdawg

im a high school student and would like to know how to contact a profesional architect. on the AIA website where do i look to find the local architects who want to meet students.

May 15, 08 6:50 pm

call anyone. really. just call. some will be assholes but some won't.

May 15, 08 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Call a local university while your at it. They may have some info.

May 15, 08 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

if you want to contact an un-professional architect, email me

May 15, 08 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

what defines professional then?

May 15, 08 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

me i'm a rawdawg kind of architect, wondering how professional that is.

May 15, 08 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

hmmm

i don't know what that means so i looked it up

rawdawg

1. without a condom

ex. If he keeps on rawdawging those random chicks hes gonna end up with a kid or VD

2. a person who gruge fu*#&, weares stuff out all the time...(a west virginian).

your going to break it if you dont quit rawdawging it.

or

3. The origin of the term rawdawg goes way back to the good ole days of the late 90's from Ellijay, GA, the apple capital of Georgia and gateway to the Appalachian foothills of North Georgia. The very first use of the word started as a compliment so as to say to someone when greeting them, "What's up rawdawg?" or "Hey rawdawg, how's it hangin'?" This initial use transformed immediately when it turned to the year 2000. As the clock struck midnight and the year 2000 started rawdawg all of a sudden meant a style of fornication which involves everything that normal fornication involves except for the condom. The condom is just left out of the equation alltogether. So, for instance, if you or someone you know is "rawdawgin' it" that means that person is pretty much "doin' her in the butt, no rubber." But, however, not necessarily in the butt. It could be the cooter and that's just fine. Gay people do not count, so, therefore cannot rawdawg. This protects hederosexuals from being charged as homosextionals in that if I said "Hey Matt, me and Daniel are at the bar just rawdawgin' it right now, why don't you come over?" Since gay people cannot rawdawg, there is no way that I am fornucklating with Daniel, this sentence simply means we are just sitting at the bar having a grand time

are these accurate?

ex. my architect is gunna come over after work today and rawdawg me

May 15, 08 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
nb072

what do you need to contact one for?

May 15, 08 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Maybe rawdawg is a potential client who happens to be an independently wealthy teen.

May 16, 08 12:12 am  · 
 · 
Rottnme

Pickup yellowpages, find number.
Pickup phone, push numbers, wait for answer, speak clearly.

Note: You are not texting, this is an attempt at live communication with another human being so speak clearly, be direct yet polite and good luck with whatever it is you are looking for.

May 16, 08 9:47 am  · 
 · 

You just did...
There ar emany on this forum..

May 16, 08 9:55 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

hi,
i'm a professional architect. i'd be happy to help you...

SHIT!!!!!
THE LAWYERS!!!!!!!!!
SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTERS AND SHRED THE CHANGE ORDERS!!!!!
EVERYBODY GRAB AN X-ACTO ON YOUR WAY OUT THE BACK DOOR!!!!!!
WE'LL MEET UP AT 9:00 TONIGHT BY THE SERVICE ENTRANCE TO H&M!!!!

sorry...i've got a client meeting i need to attend....help yourself to some coffee...i'll be right back....

May 16, 08 10:19 am  · 
 · 
estyle

Seriously though, call the local AIA office. You don't say why you want to contact an architect, I assume you are interested in the profession.

If so, the AIA may have some ideas to help you. Many firms have arrangements for teaching or mentoring. Also ask around, I meet an amazing number of people who say "oh, my uncle is and architect" those kinds of people are also good to try.

Architecture is great but not for the faint of heart.

Jun 10, 08 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: