Archinect
anchor

best college?

rawdawg

i'm in high school and plan on attending a college in texas. what do you think is the best college to attend?

May 14, 08 8:07 pm
xtbl

Check out UT

May 14, 08 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

they are all the same...especially in Texas

May 15, 08 12:23 am  · 
 · 
boxy

Texas Institute of Technology

May 15, 08 12:27 am  · 
 · 
rbaez

hey its your highschool tutor here. im glad you're interested in becoming an architect. i'm actually just glad youre interested in continuing you're education after highschool.

I personally am going to recommend my own school,UH, just because its the only one ive been too. haha anyway i hope the other posters are more help and are able to gove you more detailed info. good luck

May 15, 08 4:52 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

Go Texas Tech....It's in Lubbock, far away from the bright lights and flashy nightlife of Austin or Houston. You don't need those things distracting you from your studies.

May 15, 08 8:55 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

kid, if you dont go to harvard you'll never make it in this business

May 15, 08 10:43 am  · 
 · 
raj

look in to (in my humble opinion) them in this order...

rice
ut
uh (it's in a city)
TT/aTm (they are not)
ut arlington
ut SA
prairie view (cool building...don't really know about it's program though...i do hear it is going in the right direction)

i don't think there are any i left of the list.
note: there is a difference between a four and 5 year degree!
make sure you do the research.

good luck.

May 16, 08 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
nb072

rice and UT are the obvious schools for architecture. their reputation precedes them.

i am not sure if rice has an undergrad program but there's a good chance they do. i'm sure you can check.

i've heard good things about the architecture program at a&m lately (i.e. they always do awesome in the solar decathalon).

but yeah, go to rice or ut if you can

May 17, 08 12:11 am  · 
 · 
odee

Go to UT-Austin! Anything else will be a sacrifice.

May 26, 08 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
AP

rice has a highly regarded undergrad program, but it is quite difficult to gain admission to, from what i understand. ut austin would be a great school to go to as well...

May 26, 08 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

homeschool / workschool

May 27, 08 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

don't go to uta you wouldnt get it

May 27, 08 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: