Archinect
anchor

Firm Resume...

dsc_arch

I have been asked to develop our “firm resume” for the corporate banker on a project we are partnering with in our area.

While I have read thousands of personal resumes, I have never seen a “firm resume.” Does anyone have a good reference to look at?

Thanks in advance.

May 12, 08 6:33 pm
citizen

This sounds to me like another term for a multi-page RFQ response.

-project listing w/ brief descriptions
-brief bios of principals
-statement of finances
-wbe, mbe status, if any

May 12, 08 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

i'd do exactly as citizen got it. I've been reading lots of RFQs recently and that is more or less how they go. But ms. DSC_Arch, I've also seen the 'firm' resume be the resume of the main principal, especially when there is one name on the door, or with equity.

May 12, 08 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
siggy

I'd suggest the firm profile, the owner(s) resumes, project cut sheets (one page per project, project description, images, client, etc.) and maybe a list of awards and any publication.

An SOQ (statement of qualifications, in response to and RFQ, request for qualifications) should not include a statement of finances, and MBE/SBE/WBE/etc status should only be necessary to state for public clients. I've never seen a private sector client requesting that information.

Good luck!

May 13, 08 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
Becker
Check out David Adjaye's
May 14, 08 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

Ours are typically a bit more intense than Adjaye's.

We also tend to specialize the presentation to better match building types we have done with building types the client needs. Try to show work that relates to what your client is after. Showing the banker theoretical towers will likely not show him you can do the job as well as pictures of a built interior would.

Generally we'll also incorporate a very simple graphic system or color scheme with each new submission so that clients feel they are getting something new and original though that may not be the case.

We also do more in depth bios. At least a page on not only the name on the door, but the whoever will be leading the design, leading production and anyone else involved. We'll give a quick CV on each of those members, and on certain occasions the credentials of EVERY person on the project will be given. This may seem overkill to some but i actually think its brilliant. It portrays strength and confidence in the entire office to openly describe the experience/education/other projects of even the 24 year old B.Arch who will be drawing the plans... etc etc...

My experience with these have been mostly for international competitions though, so they may be overkill for what youre describing, but we've had good success lately, and our firm profiles are generally very well received, and since they are nice documents, they are generally held onto as a sort of gift...

May 14, 08 6:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: