Archinect
anchor

how to make a nice Explode Axo. in the presentation board

jakjak

can some1 teach me how to make a nice Explode Axono?
im planing to make a major image of expolde axo of my building in the presentation board.

any advice would be appreciated very much

May 8, 08 7:46 pm

i think you are going to have to work out the how of the the question yourself.

the why is more important.

my favorite axo image-makering is steven holl's work in the 80's and 90's. have a look at his early work for some inspiration.

there is also wes jones and tht whole LA style that used to be going on...

hmmm...actually axos are maybe not so common anymore. perhaps the archi-world has moved on?

May 8, 08 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

really?? i don't think that's the case at all..i see exploded axos all the time..

i'll try to find some good ones.

May 8, 08 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

1. pick up pen.
2. draw

or, if you wish to use a computer, please be more specific. Especially if your image is major.

May 9, 08 3:21 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

richard rogers National Assembly for Wales

very nice. quick axo sketch, looks like it was done in a nice felt tip, with just a bit of colored prisma marker. cool.

May 9, 08 3:47 am  · 
 · 
manamana
http://www.smustard.com/script/ExplodeImplode

Seriously though, jump is right... ask why first.

May 9, 08 10:19 am  · 
 · 
trace™

exploded axos always look great, imho.

Look at the Morphosis series of books.

May 9, 08 10:34 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend
that any minor world that breaks apart falls together again...

May 9, 08 11:39 am  · 
 · 
PodZilla

rhino rhino rhino rhino

make2d

illustrator

print

May 9, 08 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

When the demons is at your door...

May 9, 08 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

(oops)

May 9, 08 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
nxed2gnt

Revit. Use the scope to set the view for each level and compile them on a sheet. Add details as desired. Easy.

May 10, 08 1:07 am  · 
 · 
Atom

The AXO or Isometric, as I was taught it by hand, is these days something more along the lines of a printed 3d view. That smustard script looks nifty it would be the easier way to go. If you really want to make a true isometric drawing with line weights, dims, etc. plain old cad is easy using the ddrmodes command and set the grid to isometric. Then hit F5 to switch between axis on the isometric grid. Isometric drawing has a different way of drawing circles which I doubt most people are that interested in going through the effort to learn, but you could sort of fake it with the ellipse. I think they no longer teach how to draw oblique, cabinet, and isometric. If you want to do more than print a 3d view you are going to require some obsolete drawing methods.

Isometric drawing is just a little bit different from a printed 3d view. As it turns out, only the isometric drawing is dimensionally perfect. 3d view looks just fine though.

May 12, 08 3:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: