Archinect
anchor

stock plan disclaimers

outed

does anyone know of a good disclaimer for the drawings of a stock plan set? we have one that we've pieced together over the years, but i'm interested in comparing it to a few others. without having to buy the plans to read it.

google isn't too much help - there are disclaimers, but they tend to be for the contract or order forms, not the drawings themselves.

any help is appreciated.

May 6, 08 5:43 pm
Atom

Forget it. You stamp it - you get sued. Should'a picked another occupation trick.

May 7, 08 1:19 am  · 
 · 

bet your liability carrier could help.

May 7, 08 7:32 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

email me, I did stock plans last year

May 7, 08 9:50 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

The owner is responsible to comfirm this plan is to conform to all landuse regulations, historic district regulations, building code regulations, electrical regulations, power company regulations, energy
heat loss or heat gain regulations. plumbing regulations, hvac regulations, subdivision regulations, seismic regulations, flood plane
regulations and most important of all visual regulations, prior to the start of constuction or kiss the designers arshe legal involvement good bye.

May 7, 08 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

1.05 The Architect is not supervising the construction of this building. Therefore, the use of these drawings by the Owner, or any Contractor, Subcontractor, Builder, Tradesman, or Workman shall constitute a Hold Harmless Agreement between the drawing user and the Architect. The user shall in fact agree to hold the Architect and his associates harmless for any responsibility in regard to the construction means, methods, techniques, sequences, or procedures and for any safety precautions or programs in connection with the work. Further, the Architect and his associates shall be held harmless against any liability of any kind whatsoever or any responsibility in regard to any costs or problems arising from the negligence of the Contractor, Subcontractor, Builder, Tradesman, or Workman. The use of these drawings also implies that the Architect and his associates shall assume no responsibility for the plan users failure to carry out the work in accordance with the drawings or the Contract Documents.

The Architect shall not have control over or charge of and shall not be responsible for construction means, methods, techniques, sequences or procedures, or for safety precautions and programs in connection with the Work, since these are solely the Contractor(s)' responsibility. The Architect shall not have control over or charge of acts or omissions of the Contractor, Subcontractors, or their agents or employees, or any other persons performing portions of the Work. The Architect shall not be "in charge" of the Work. The Contractor shall waive any right to contribution and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Architect from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses arising out of any negligent act or omission by the Contractor.

May 7, 08 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
outed

thanks guys. i'll post mine up in the morning.

May 7, 08 7:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: