Archinect
anchor

Losing My Religion in the major key

Thecyclist
Listen to Losing My Religion after it's been changed to a major key.

http://vimeo.com/m/57685359

I hope there are some REM fans on archinect!

Jun 3, 13 1:48 am
chatter of clouds

i love REM. memories...

but since this is in major key, shouldn't it now be "Finding my Religion"?

musically, no likey.. it sounds wrong and bland.  you can't have a nagging tone in a major key.  also when you change key signature let alone major and minor, the intoning reflects that. try singing that major keyed song along; you will find that it could have been better sung places, especially slightly sharpening some ntoes. the transposer is usual equal temperament, correct? singing is an art, people make choices as they sing even reading the same notes.

Jun 3, 13 2:20 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

a friend of mine dated Peter Buck for awhile. another frieend's exwife was married to Alex Chilton at the time of his death.

Jun 3, 13 8:38 am  · 
 · 

acknowledging all of tammuz x's points (and this is different person than tammuz, right?), i still think it's a pretty cool experiment. i don't like it as well as the original, but hearing it this way makes you think about the construction and tone of the original differently. worth it. 

Jun 3, 13 9:12 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

<GACK>

Thank god Stipe isnt alive to hear this!

Jun 3, 13 9:58 am  · 
 · 
Thecyclist
Stipe is still alive.
Jun 3, 13 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

no, sorry Steven Ward. you have actually conceded tammuz's points. you may, to self cleanse, perform ablution.

Jun 3, 13 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Then if Stipe is alive, he may want to kill the fucker who did this to his song. BTW, I know Stipe is alive, just like I know John Lennon and Elvis are not dead.
Jun 3, 13 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

i've conceded tammuz's points? what does that mean? i acknowledged your points, tacitly agreeing with them, yes. all relevant and fair critiques. 

but i still don't mind that this modification was done. i like when things get messed with. 

Jun 3, 13 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
OMG I would listen to this over and over! It sounds like something done sarcastically for Murmur. I love it.

Also please help me get clear: tammuz x and t a m m u z are the same person?

Good joke re: being observant, Quondam.
Jun 3, 13 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
OMG I would listen to this over and over! It sounds like something done sarcastically for Murmur. I love it.

Jun 3, 13 6:26 pm  · 
 · 

Jun 3, 13 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, sorry again for the multiple posts..  My iphone does not play well with the mobile Archinect. So embarrassing.

Jun 3, 13 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
backbay

this is so awesome!

Jun 3, 13 7:14 pm  · 
 · 

So now I've listened to it about three times and when it's off I can't imagine it in my head without messing up/mixing up the two versions! Love it!

Jun 3, 13 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

a friend of mine dated Peter Buck for awhile. another frieend's exwife was married to Alex Chilton at the time of his death.

My sister's college roommate dated Brian Ritchie. I always thought that was pretty cool.

Jun 3, 13 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
My old man went to school with Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, now beat that.
Jun 3, 13 10:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: