Archinect
anchor

Anderson Anderson Architecture/ San Francisco, Seattle

archiuser

Has anyone ever worked for this office, located in San Francisco and Seattle? I find their practice extremely interesting and like where their headed. If anyone can inform me please let me know what it's like to work there. Information such as work environment,
responsibility level received, and pay would be beneficial. Could a young architect 25-32 y/o gain a decent level of responsibility? Any Cons to working would be helpful. Honesty is always appreciated. Thank you

Apr 24, 08 11:47 pm
ianchristopher

if you don't have their book, you should check it out...not sure about the office environment...

http://www.amazon.com/Prefab-Prototypes-Site-Specific-Offsite-Construction/dp/1568985606

Apr 25, 08 12:04 am  · 
 · 
archiuser

ianchristopher ,
Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have mentioned that I do own the book and it does manke an interesting read. I have also checked on this site for info on them. So far I just found an article abut their P/A award. Thanks again ianchristopher. And for anyone else please keep em coming.

Apr 25, 08 12:28 am  · 
 · 
herrarchitekt

I've never worked for them on the clock, but spent a week w/ them during undergrad in New Orleans. Mark & Peter were visiting for Architect's week - design a project + help oversee construction thru the course of a week. Anyway, I found them both to be good & helpful people and excellent architects. I would consider it an excellent shop to knock on the door were I seeking employment.

Apr 25, 08 1:26 am  · 
 · 
pf

i had mark as a thesis professor at berkeley and knew a couple of people who worked in his office. mark is a brilliant guy with a pretty unique and rebellious look at architecture, which is reflected in his work. mark would definitely be the kind of person to welcome a knock at the door...getting in might not be so easy, but would be a great person from whom to learn.

Apr 27, 08 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i know it says they have a seattle office, but i think it's only an apparition of an office...

Apr 27, 08 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
archiuser

pf,
Did your collegues have anything to say about working there?

Apr 27, 08 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
jchang

i had peter for my advance studio last year, and a friend of my worked for them before. they are doing interesting stuff and manily use revit.

Apr 28, 08 2:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: