Archinect
anchor

address database

meow

Does any one know where I could get list of addresses within a certain region or city? The closest thing I can think would be g.i.s databases. I thought this would be something easy to search for, but so far it hasn't been so.

Apr 22, 08 10:37 pm
quizzical

two questions:

a. what's your purpose?
b. are you prepared to pay for the data?

Apr 23, 08 9:15 am  · 
 · 
meow

quizzical, thanks for responding,

I basically want to graph or chart a series of city blocks using each individual address as a component or identity to the different spaces. And then I would follow-up and determine the type of space for each address.

There has to be some kind of database in a city’s public library. The area I’m looking at is all within one city.

I suppose I would be willing to pay, but I imagine the cost would be expensive

Apr 23, 08 10:07 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

if the gis data is free (and online) from your city then you're done.

btw, you may find that using parcel or lot # may fit what you're doing better since it is possible to have multiple building addresses on a lot.

Apr 23, 08 11:00 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

nyc has oasis maps, which is a very extensive database of every property in the boroughs that gives zoning info, ownership, address, and building stats (use, height, date, links to the DOB site for that property) for all the parcels. not sure if there's similar databases set up for other cities.

Apr 23, 08 11:13 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

many communities keep property records (maps) that show the property owner, the street address and, in some cases, the use, plus some of the other information phuyaka describes above. in the past these often were manually drafted maps, but some communities may now keep this information digitally, with some sort of database attachment.

perhaps you should contact the property records office in the community (ies) you're interested in, explain what you're trying to do (and why) -- they may be able to give you more help than you'd guess. this is all "public domain" information.

good luck

Apr 23, 08 11:28 am  · 
 · 
meow

thats great,

thanks

Apr 23, 08 12:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: