Archinect
anchor

Visualisation Firms

tambi

The small practice I work for don't do any computer rendering at the moment and are currently trying to find some nice examples of work we may aspire to in future. Can you guys offer any of your favourite visualisation firms/websites as examples?

Cheers

Apr 11, 08 3:06 am
FOG Lite
dbox

Neoscape

aspire away

Apr 11, 08 7:40 am  · 
 · 
Bluesman7

Whoever does Chad Oppenheim's rendering (i assume they are outsourced). They are incredible!!

http://www.oppenoffice.com/

Apr 11, 08 10:45 am  · 
 · 
+2

does anybody know of any good art schools, or such, that teach this level of architectural rendering? or should we assume that this is a result of architectural education and job specific training?

Apr 11, 08 11:00 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Not really any schools specifically teaching arch viz. Most of it is job specific, hanging out on cgarchitect.com and similar user group sites is the best way. Gnomen has some outstanding DVD tutorials that are helpful. I think Neoscape is having Viz user group meetings in their Boston offices that you could probably learn a lot from and the big annual conference, Vismasters, is coming up in Boston in May.

Lots of Arch Viz people come from a film animation background as well.

Apr 11, 08 11:16 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

i really like the style of these guys... always a little darker and alien with less lenses flares and happy sun rays then other rendering firms:

luxigon

Apr 11, 08 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
usernametaken

Oppenheim's Renders are done by luxigon. I love their gloomy, slightly poetic style.

Apr 11, 08 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

I am a in-house visualizer and an ATT Architect with schooling in multimedia 3d animation.
So yes having done some CGI for film but always having my roots in green build, Thus making me the entitlements/DR person.

i would say the best is tips and tricks or trail and error. school was just a social thing not extremely helpful at all, less the access to hardware.

Apr 11, 08 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
+2

Im finishing up my Masters in Architecture now, and my thesis is focused on architectural visualization...how designers understand and document space. Anyway, I am interested in arch viz obviously, and I have been tryin to find the best avenue to get in this door. I have been doin work and exploration on my own, and per my design studios/thesis, but I thought that maybe formal training would improve on my craft. I also need to go ahead and make the investment on a big time computer so that I can really get into this.

Sorry tambi, didnt mean to take your thread off on a tangent. Another good website to look at is alpha-vision.com

Apr 11, 08 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
tambi

Thanks guys, keep them coming!
jbarkerii, no worries any discussion on the topic is appreciated

Apr 11, 08 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Get those Gnomon DVDs, well worth it. Knowledge of arch is helpful, as I've had to explain many things (what's that line on the drawing? type of questions).

Oh, and thinking of you FOG Lite, use 3D Studio and VRay. This is what every viz firm (mine included) use for rendering/animations.

Spend time studying the artistic side of thing. I've seen a billion portfolios of people that know a little VRay, but I want to see a creative flare, something unique and special, when I hire someone.

Also keep in mind that there are a ton of things to learn, don't spend all the time in 3D, think of creative solutions that speed the process up.

Time = money and none of us would be growing and profitable if we didn't always search for efficient ways to further the quality.

Apr 12, 08 8:39 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

well played, trace. well played.

Apr 12, 08 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
jim_jam

The company I represent is currently working on a standalone application for arch viz. The idea is that companies won't have to outsource.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDo7SrrTJBM

Jul 22, 13 11:59 am  · 
 · 

state of art academy

Would love to take one of these classes some day.

Feb 1, 18 8:45 am  · 
 · 

Have a look at VIZfire. 

https://vizfire.net/

Aug 1, 18 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
chi-arc

What software(s) do you guys think firms like NoTriangle and Luxigon are using to produce their renderings?

Dec 3, 18 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Lewis Garrison's comment has been hidden
Lewis Garrison

At VIZfire we mainly use 3dMax, Vray and Photoshop. These are pretty much the industry standard for static renderings as of right now. 

Dec 3, 18 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

I get my renderings done for $20 bucks on Fiverr.com

Dec 3, 18 9:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: