Archinect
anchor

LEED certifications/reports online?

SavedByTech

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but in a bit of a hurry:

I'm trying to get hold of the LEED report/assessment for a particular project in Los Angeles. Does LEED make these available online in some form?

I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to LEED so maybe this is even asking the wrong question. I'm basically after resources (studies/assessments/reports) that are the basis for this particular project's LEED rating.
I'm of course also trying to get hold of the engineers & architects on the project team.

Are there any other publicly available (preferably online) resources for building projects in Los Angeles? I've found a few bits...

Apr 10, 08 8:10 pm
holz.box
usgbc project directory?
Apr 10, 08 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
SavedByTech

Thanks. So what do I do if it's not public - there's only a handful on the Project Profiles list. Do I need to talk to the people that submitted the registration (as website says)?
Who would that normally be in CA - environmental consultant/architects/construction company/engineer? Or all of the above?

Apr 10, 08 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
SavedByTech

Also, the Project Profiles that are there only come with superficial stats (2 page PDF graphic AFAICT). i was after some more substantial and comprehensive technical data.

Apr 10, 08 9:51 pm  · 
 · 

go talk to the building manager. they should have an o & m manual with all the bells and whistles - but tread lightly, some of that info may be confidential.

Apr 10, 08 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
SavedByTech

barry, not sure if O&M manual is what I'm after. And I'm not in LA which is the problem.

OK, basically I need info on the Caltrans District 7 building. I'm trying to get hold of all the companies on the project team, but I'm short for time, so I want to cut some corners and try and track down a resource that would contain most of the environmental studies on this project: Thermal, air quality, materials, lighting, facade tech, seismic safety studies etc. etc.

Apr 10, 08 10:10 pm  · 
 · 

sounds like you've bitten off more then you can chew for this assignment. it will be difficult to find most of that info if it has even been collected. Most of the project files with that most likely were archived and all but impossible to get pulled out of storage by morphosis or their consultants.

Your best hope is to figure out/estimate this data from the few drawings that have been published & photos - if I was teaching the course, that would be my instructions. the techniques behind the calculations are more useful to learn then just reading specs and utility bills.

Apr 10, 08 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
vi_d

see if this helps -

Caltrans

Apr 10, 08 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
SavedByTech

I've got big jaws! :-)
Well, I'll keep working Morphosis but the time difference (and my deadline) is an issue (plus every switch board in LA just gets me a bloody voice mail).

My original plan was to go to LA and do the rounds in person but time and money were against that.

Apr 10, 08 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
SavedByTech

Thanks vi_d - Morphosis suggested I speak to Marty Summers who's on the project team list. I'll try and buzz him again tomorrow. I do realise there are quite a few bits and bobs floating round on the net - this list is a good start/reference.

Apr 10, 08 10:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: