It's 6-8.

Apr 10, 08 12:02 pm
Lando

Peter Frampton? Count me in!

I totally feel like he does.

Apr 10, 08 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

maybe peter frampton reciting kenneth frampton's "modern architecture" in it's entirety with his guitar?

Apr 10, 08 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

I think they're both going to be there, but the crazy thing is that Kenneth is going to be playing the guitar and Peter is going to be lecturing about architecture.

Apr 10, 08 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

Peter might have a more interesting talk. Last 3 times I’ve seen Kenny lecture, I was shocked at how awful it was. He didn’t even know what he was showing, but then proceeded to BS about it for a very long 90 minutes. uuuuuhhhhh

Apr 10, 08 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
ChAOS

I'm planning on going also
It's Ken
Looking forward to going...I find his writing arduous and pompous and would like to see if his speaking style is the same

Apr 10, 08 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

frampton lecture i attended was a yawnfest. no slides whatsoever. peter however was awesome at ribfest!

Apr 10, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

wow, you guys just convinced me not to go...

Apr 10, 08 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i would be there if i didn't have a conflict. k-framp is a beast on the mic.

Apr 10, 08 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

damn you AP. i thought for sure you'd pop by.

Apr 10, 08 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

i'd be there if it wasn't so nice out today... got to take advantage of this

Apr 10, 08 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Just saw him lecturing via teleconf at the RAIA conference. He's a smart old guy. He showed about thirty projects in an hour, and talked flat-out. He ran through the new chapter in the 4th ed. of Modern Architecture.

Apr 10, 08 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

Bob Mayo on the keyboards, Bob Mayo

Apr 10, 08 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

he was just at Round table with Eisenman on Tuesday in NYC... Vidler, Woods and Safran were all there ranting on about theory's place in contemporary practice

Apr 10, 08 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
BigAaron

Safran, as in Yehuda Safran?
I think that guy is great.

Apr 10, 08 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

yah i have had him for a theory seminar before, he is fantastic. the breath of knowledge (general) he has is incredible

Apr 10, 08 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

so, how bad was it, and don't you wish you had gone to see vincent james instead?

Apr 10, 08 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
ChAOS

arrived late so only got to see half of it
wasn't as bad as I had expected
he seemed a little lost in places or rather perhaps that he had to many things he wanted to say about a project but felt like he had to stick it in one category so he had a difficult time staying on track at moments
nothing major or insightful, just basically a survey of his book 20th c modern arch
although he DID show a project in guadalajara that was a tower clad in wood...i must say it stretched my imagination and was quite beautiful
nothing at all like his writing

Apr 11, 08 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

was he drunk?

Apr 11, 08 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

i was

Apr 11, 08 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
Lando

he had a boner, and showed it to me.

Apr 11, 08 8:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: