Archinect
anchor

New York Firms

Deacon

Anyone know of any progressive architecture firms located in New York who are hiring?

Apr 5, 08 4:02 pm
rootseven
here?

Apr 8, 08 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

do not apply unless highly qualified.

Apr 8, 08 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
keopi

is this a real topic ?
seriously ?

Apr 8, 08 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
eenie

It sounds ridiculous to ask that kind of thing here because of the "obvious reasons", but it think it's a valid question. Most jobs out there aren't posted anyway.. I'll tell you it if hear anything.

Apr 8, 08 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
Deacon

I understand that there is job search here, that you can limit it new york. But there are some firms out there that either don't need to publicize, don't know about archinect [or choose not to use it], and I have checked out the recent list and either they are not applicable to my skill level or of no interest. So yes, seriously...

Apr 8, 08 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
rootseven

ahh...well in that case
here

my best resource when searching firms was an AIA firm listing manual for that state, this way you can limit your calls, visits, emails to the firm size, scope, etc...sort of a buffet of firms.

cold calling=results...sometimes, if your qualified.

Apr 9, 08 10:43 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

i'd actually start here: http://www.newyork-architects.com/

then look at the archinect listings too...but i think nyc like most
cities/jobs is all about timing and some about who you know.

Apr 9, 08 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

...not applicable to my skill level... meaning you have none or have quite a bit. maybe the firms of no interest could improve your skill set?

Apr 9, 08 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

does anybody know if there are any new firms in new york?

Apr 9, 08 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you mean new new york firms?

Apr 9, 08 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Apr 9, 08 5:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: