Archinect
anchor

Somewhere to stay in NYC/Brooklyn, Help.

achav

Hello Everyone,

I was just recently accepted to the Pratt Institute as a transfer student into their BArch program. The following weekend they'll be having an Admitted Student Day and I would like to attend. There is just one problem, I'm on an extremely tight budget and NYC hotels are extremely expensive. I would gamble my luck with a hostel but I'm not really sure which one to look into. I've been researching for the past day and I've found nothing worth while except the West Side YMCA on the upper west side. If anyone out there has any suggestions on hostels/hotels and/or would like to accommodate me for two nights it would be much appreciated. I'm willing to pay a few bucks. Location is no big deal as long as it's safe. I'm a male, 23 years of age, 6'2 with a pretty laid back attitude. I'm traveling by myself but will be meeting up with friends who were also accepted into Pratt. I'd be departing early Monday morning back to Miami but I figured I can loiter around JFK at night since my flight is leaving at 5:45am. Thanks for reading. If you have any question just ask ahead.

- Andy C.

p.s. I have a late night flight into JFK.

Apr 4, 08 10:50 pm
Laurem

Try www.couchsurfing.com

I'd offer my place in Brooklyn bc I'm part of couchsurfing, but my roommate won't allow me to invite strangers in.

Apr 5, 08 7:39 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

ages ago i stayed at the chelsea hostel with some of my classmates on a field trip to nyc...not luxurious by any means but it might work if you're on tight budget.

Apr 5, 08 9:59 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

There are lots of empty rooms at the "PLaza"

Apr 5, 08 11:05 am  · 
 · 
achav

Laurem, thanks. I've actually never heard of couchsurfing.com before but I'll look into it. Seems interesting. The Chelsea hostel I believe is booked. And I haven't looked into the "plaza" being that there are several. Thanks guys!

Apr 5, 08 7:38 pm  · 
 · 

try craigslist.

Apr 6, 08 6:15 am  · 
 · 
modernmonk

i believe snook_dude was referring to the plaza, which i think has become a condo.

try the pod. it's reasonably priced. if you can find a friend to share a room, it will only cost you usd50 a night. the location isn't that great, but 6/E/V train is only a block away and you can take the E/V and transfer to the A/C to get to pratt.

Apr 6, 08 7:16 am  · 
 · 
admiss

Have you tried the list of nearby places to stay listed on the admission website under Visiting Pratt? There are lots of bed and breakfasts that are reasonable although it's pretty late now.

Apr 11, 08 7:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: