Archinect
anchor

10 Things Your Developer Will or Won't Tell You!

RqTecT

1. Yeah Of course I'll pay you, what do you think I am.
2. Love Your Design No Changes.
3. Take your time.
4. I really Wanted to be an Architect but I became an ahole instead.
5. Check? I sent it Yesterday.
6. Money is no object....., Except when you need a check.
7. I'll pay for Lunch.
8. Just one more change..., Not that BIG.
9. That's your Daughter, How old is she?

Sep 15, 04 10:20 pm
kn825

We're a team.

Sep 15, 04 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

Don't worry, I wont tell all my friends how dumb you are and that I am smarter than you. I don;t envy you at all.

Sep 15, 04 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Just finish the god damn thing!

Sep 15, 04 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

12. I won't steal your designs I respect you and the laws around intellectual property

Sep 16, 04 10:47 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

13. Value Engineering - that is such a waste of time, concerntrate on the quality.

Sep 16, 04 11:07 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

of course i didn't make any design changes without your input!!...what could be more stupid than that?

Sep 16, 04 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
A

Uhh, I put that roof drain in a different place than you said to because I "accidently" put the tapered insulation sloping the wrong way.

Sep 16, 04 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
st.

my favorite television show is Gilmore Girls

Sep 16, 04 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
.nl

When your done designin my generic apartment building, please wash my mercedes!

Sep 16, 04 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
dia

22. I have served jail time for fraud

Sep 16, 04 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

get me a Coke...i pay enough money to this freakin' firm
i should at least get a free coke...

(actually said in a former office)

Sep 16, 04 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

oh is that what that 'not for construction' note meant?

Sep 16, 04 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

i'm not gonna change everything in the shop layout three days, 5 hours and 25 five minuts before we go on site, i promise.

since they've done all the work, may i take your employees out for dinner instead of you, you fat rich "sold your soul for the money of commercial architecture" bastard?

Sep 16, 04 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

2a. I really enjoy talking with you about design, and of course I'll be open minded,,,

Sep 16, 04 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
geezer

Of course I'm not going to pay you now because I'm booking your fees as part of my pro forma to show to the bank...

Sep 17, 04 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
travo

this carrot i am dangling in your face.....good color....smells nice....will taste delicious...oh it is just a method for me to kick you in the sack.

Sep 20, 04 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
enzo76

I will modify your .pdf's and return them to you approved without telling you about the subtle revisions. Same file name and format.

I will take the advice of any jackass who stumbles off the street over your suggestions, then blame you when things fall apart.

Sep 21, 04 3:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: