Archinect
anchor

firms not to work for in Tokyo

tzenyujuei

just wondering what horror stories are out there?

Apr 2, 08 1:31 am
Apurimac

I hear in Tokyo if one can't make an occupancy certificate deadline, one must commit seppuku with one's T-square.

Apr 2, 08 2:07 am  · 
 · 
SavedByTech

kind of a negative starting point, isn't it...? why not flip it round and ask for positive recommendations? does your question imply you have a list in mind and you're looking to narrow it down or...

there was the dutch girl blogging from SANAA recently in the news. but i think that was misinterpreted - everything i read (ie. the bits that were translated/quoted) were what i'd expect from an office like this.

i have no authority on the matter but from what i heard, non-japanese might get a slightly easier ride in a japanese office. which brings into question, what your/our criteria would be for a "firm not to work for"...

you have to give a us a bit more i think...

Apr 2, 08 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

well i suppose either way would work :) it was kinda negative i agree. i have searched and not found much on the topic. if anyone has loved it over there I would like to hear about that too... actually any input would be good... there isn't as much about the Japanese arch scene as there is about the American on the forums here

Apr 2, 08 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
joek

probably if you are nervous of 'horror-stories' you probably shouldn't work here . . .

you can work through the night on a daily basis if your heart is totally in it.

Apr 9, 08 1:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: