Archinect
anchor

Housing - Planning - Urban Development - Practices & Guidelines

dia

Hi,

I am wondering about organisations and publications from around the world, who focus on housing, design, urban development, affordability, and sustainability.

I'd like to put together a resource list of organisations like CABE, publications like Achieving Better Design and web resources like the Pattern Book.

The desire here is to collect information from around the world on best practice design, development and planning.

Please add the resources that you use, or have found useful when considering large scale design and development. I am particularly interested in 'design-led' or focused development, as well as housing affordability and green/sustainable developments.

From NZ, please find our Urban Design Protocol for your reading enjoyment.

d.

Apr 1, 08 10:12 pm
dia

Here is another great resource -Urban Design Compendium- a partnership between Housing Corporation UK and English Partnerships. You can order a free book from these guys [or at least you could, wait until mid-2008].

Apr 2, 08 12:16 am  · 
 · 
mespellrong

diabase, lease consider adding resources on the criticism of urban design by other professions, e.g. sociology, anthropology, political science, economics.

Apr 2, 08 12:20 am  · 
 · 
blackcomb1
http://www.smartgrowth.ca/
Apr 2, 08 12:22 am  · 
 · 
dia

mespellrong,

add whatever you think is appropriate

Apr 2, 08 12:45 am  · 
 · 
dia

Anything else?

Apr 2, 08 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
sarah123

A few mags on urbanism that have full length articles online:

Next American City
mu-dot

Apr 6, 08 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Excellent - please keep them coming...

Apr 6, 08 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
ana555
www.clubofpioneers.com

May 8, 08 5:15 am  · 
 · 
dia

Great stuff, thanks.

Aug 27, 08 6:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: