Archinect
anchor

Junior in High School

cbeck7

I am a junior in high school, and am beginning to look at colleges. i am pretty sure i want to do architecture, and was wondering if i could get some help from current/recent students. i am interested in the environmental aspect of architecture, and would like a creative school. and i would like a larger school..
are there any tools that you found useful when searching for schools?

Can you please give me your insight about these and other schools, whether you looked at them, or attend them:
I live in oregon, so naturally U of Oregon is on the list.
also, U of Wash, WSU, USC, ASU, U of Ariz.... but i am very open to anything..

thanks!

Mar 29, 08 5:38 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

when i was in school there were tre kinds of people; one listened to everything their professors said and got creamed at reviews, ones that did the bare minimum - no thought about design, precedents, theory, etc - they got the a's, and the third did what they want and told everyone else to fuck off - not literally - they sometimes got a's, b's and c's - even some d's - the point is, listen to yourself, my opinion is mine and not yours, and to give you mine only makes you me and not you. you have to find your own path, make your own mistakes, and you're young to boot - plenty time for correction if things aren't going as planned.

so here's my MHO; you are only pretty sure about architecture, you need to be more than pretty sure; you need to be at least damn sure, not pretty sure - pretty sure means you'll drop out and become an engineer or something droll. it's a commitment that borders on being slightly mental, search around you'll see - we are all krazy [especially that vado guy.]

look at what you are doing now, and where you want to be in 8 years and see if you see some kind of creative chiasma.

see, i did a bad thing, i gave you MO; it's now up to you to take it or tell me to fuck off - i am hoping for the....

Mar 30, 08 10:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: