Archinect
anchor

Architecture for humanity abroad?

kangnar

Does anyone have any experience volunteering for AFH abroad? I was hoping to travel in india for this summer, and hoping to do some volunteer work for some of the time. Curious if anyone has made this happen in the past, or is doing it now?

Mar 29, 08 1:26 am
Philarch

Wow, thats crazy. I've been thinking the same thing! I've looked on their website and it seems like they have two opportunities and they're both in the US. I would do it in a heartbeat, but one of the requirements of my travel grant is to do it abroad - which I guess makes sense considering its a "travel" grant... Fortunate for me though, Cameron Sinclair is coming to Philly next week and I may get a chance to talk to him.

And if you didn't know, there is a thread dedicated to get Cameron's attention. I'll try it now.

Mar 29, 08 1:53 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

BAD, You can certainly help out in our office in Chennai, although I'm not sure what projects on the ground we will have by then.

As soon as I get a contract signed with a donor we will have design fellowships (4 month tour of duty with living stipend) in Rwanda, Namibia, Ghana and Mali to do some on the ground construction oversight and getting in the trenches.

Naturally we have projects popping up all the time so our website usually lists the opportunities. We will be updating the site in May also.

Mar 29, 08 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

BAD I also saw you are in China. We might also have a position in Nepal coming up.

Mar 29, 08 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: