Archinect
anchor

Open Houses 2008 - MArch

stelina

who's visiting (and what) schools in april, people?

Mar 28, 08 12:08 am
cockroachvomit

MIT & GSD on the 3rd and 4th and then Yale and Princeton on the 10th and 11th.

Mar 28, 08 2:52 am  · 
 · 
stelina

same here + gsapp on apr 3rd.
looking forward to seeing everyone-

Mar 28, 08 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
chaps

I'll be at the GSD and Yale open houses... probably won't make it to the GSAPP since I already booked my flights not knowing when it was.

Any tips on what to do while I'm there (besides, obviously, attending the open houses)? I have never been to Cambridge or New Haven.

Mar 31, 08 1:07 am  · 
 · 
cockroachvomit

who is lecturing at gsapp?

Mar 31, 08 2:12 am  · 
 · 
fivepass

gsd sucks dont go

Mar 31, 08 3:00 am  · 
 · 
lebanesey

why eighttwo?

Mar 31, 08 3:48 am  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

eighttwo, don't you mean yale blows? that's just about as productive.

i'll be at gsd on the 4th and princeton on the 11th. i was going to go to yale's too, but if i'm honest with myself i'm not really considering it as an option. in my opinion the whole "no advanced standing" thing is a pretty weak excuse to drain an extra year's tuition.

lebanesey, if you want more info on m.arch 1 ap at gsd, my boyfriend's an ap in his thesis semester there, so look for me at the open house. i'll be there for m.arch 1 ap too, short girl w/brown hair + yellow sweater.

changed my name, grab a beer at bukowski's after the gsd open house. just walk up cambridge street about 3/4 mile to inman square, it's on the left. inman's got lots of other good eat and drink places as well, it's a nice alternative to the uber-touristy places in harvard square. if you must go to the square, walk down brattle street to charlie's kitchen for diner food and atmosphere.

Mar 31, 08 9:37 am  · 
 · 
chaps

Thanks snarkitekt, I appreciate the suggestions!

Mar 31, 08 10:04 am  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

any GSD open housers know if we need to register for the SFI conference that weekend? toshiko said we were invited in her letter and on the phone, but i just wanted to make sure since it's probably filling up.

Mar 31, 08 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

whoops, well, online registration is closed, so.... hope they're holding a seat for me....

Mar 31, 08 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

anyone go to the gsd party at toshiko mori's office last night? how was it?

Apr 8, 08 10:59 am  · 
 · 
modernmonk

in shanghai at this moment so no open house for me... but i'm meeting toshiko in inner mongolia this weekend.

how's the party last night at toshiko mori's and OMA?

Apr 8, 08 11:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: