Archinect
anchor

First Time Caller, First Time Listener

JayCon

I don't know exactly where to post this, but Random Tangent seemed suitable.  I'll do that "aol" thing just one time 26/m/st Louis and am simply an Intern with a year and a Bachelor's under my belt. 

Have had many lives, Car Salesman (Smart Car, if you see one in saint Louis with colored wheels and off centered racing stripes, it was probably me) and even furniture sales all while going through school.  I know I'll need to go back through (just to get in the AIA's good graces) but it'll most likely be a Wash U, or online Architectural Program as Wash U looks to enslave me for 25 years after my first semester.

I guess I'll talk a little about some of my hobbies... Many a sports, because I have to compete, Sculpture is extremely enlightening... sign up if you can at your local Community College, Outdoor activities (hiking, swimming, I'm not a camper), and I have two Dachshunds who attempt to race in wiener dog races.  I also coach, partially because I think introducing the youth to drills and positive reinforcement is a steady leveling mechanism while I trudge through Internia.

I like Frank Lloyd Wright's designs, just not the personality behind them.  I think Calatrava is probably my current favorite, and respect Haddid even though I feel some animosity towards her sculptural relationship with certain environments (namely Oxford).

I think Green Design is important, but I'm not necessarily a LEEDer.  Personally I have my qualms with their system and don't really feel the need to embrace them as the end all be all to efficient design, however, that being said, I think there is a solid purpose for it, but maybe as a personal trainer who is in the background to motivate one of those new years resoluters.

Lastly, I'm very approachable and really make a concerted effort to understand  where a person's incite is coming from.  Anything well thought out is worth the effort of understanding.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to the conversations

May 9, 13 10:40 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: