Archinect
anchor

BIM's Role in Sustainable Design

duke19_98

Looking for some good resources that discuss the role of BIM in Sustainable Design. I'd appreciate any links, references, or causual ramblings about the topic. If this has been covererd in a previous post please direct me to it....I just don't keep up anylonger. Thanks.

Mar 12, 08 11:55 am
dml955i

I think currently there are some plug-ins with Revit that will track LEED points, but the coolest thing I saw was at the GreenBuild conference back in Nov. Autodesk is developing software that will suggest available LEED credits based on project location and other LEED certified projects in its vicinity, as well as seamlessly tracking how design adjustments will affect LEED certification in real-time. The goal of the software is to streamline the certification process and cut the costs of going green...

Go to Greenbuild365.org, click on Video Archive, then click on the Opening Plenary speech by Clinton. About a third of the way in is the Autodesk presentation - pretty cool stuff.

Mar 12, 08 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch

There's a link to the Autodesk video in Green Thread Central.

Also the Smart Geometry conference in Munich (in which some of the parametric sustainability modelling I collaborated on) has press release coming up in these:

SmartGeometry 2008
Publication
1. AEC Magazine – UK
2. Vector1 – Germany
3. CAD & CG Magazine - Japan
4. AALab – Japan
5. Kensetsutsushin Shimbun - Japan
6. Construction Computing – UK
7. Architectural Record – US
8. Architectural Journal - UK
9. CAD&rit-nytt – Sweden
10. Indian Architect and Builder – India
11. CAD Magazine - Netherlands
12. Redazione de “Il Giornale dell' Architettura” - Italy
13. E-architekt.cz – Czech Republic
14. Detail magazine – Germany
15. Detail magazine – Germany
16. industrieBAU – Germany

Mar 12, 08 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

Thanks guys. This Green Building Research Video was a great start.

Mar 16, 08 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
ana555

try this website

www.clubofpioneers.com

May 8, 08 5:16 am  · 
 · 
StuntPilot

software is moving forward, but this article is still quite valid.

May 8, 08 8:58 am  · 
 · 
duke19_98

Hey guys I'm blogging for the Change the World 2008 Pre-Convention to the AIA convention this year.   The topic is Harnessing BIM Technology and Integrated Project Delivery for Sustainable Design.The sessions and live blogging will be taking place on on Tuesday the 13th and Wednesday the 14th.  Stop by if you have a chance.

Change the World 2008

May 10, 08 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

BUMP........Live from the Change tthe World 2008 convention....hope you checked it out

May 14, 08 5:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: