Archinect
anchor

The Endless City; by Ricky Burdett and Deyan Sudjic

Inspired by Orhan's posting of this news item.

Has anyone already pre-ordered or is planning to read this book?
I like the idea of six case studies...

Via Amazon's summary-
THE ENDLESS CITY is an unparalleled study of the growth of six of the world's international cities (New York, Shanghai, London, Mexico City, Johannesburg, and Berlin), exploring key structural, social, and economic factors. This book was overseen by the London School of Economics, and features extensive research and coherent texts by world-renowned professionals in the field of urban planning and development. The information is presented in a comprehensive and visually compelling sequence, enabling quick and efficient reference as well as offering material that is exciting to study. Each city is examined individually in its own chapter as well as being analyzed comparatively in an observational chapter. THE ENDLESS CITY is authoritatively edited by Ricky Burdett and Deyan Sudjic in collaboration with the London School of Economics and the Urban Age Project, an expanding international organization seeking a new urban agenda for global cities.

Mar 11, 08 10:55 am
aspect

ya, i sort of flip over it at the book store today... i wasn't aware that it was suppose to be that importantly good.

Mar 11, 08 11:44 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

Most of the case studies are available as free downloads from their website...

Mar 11, 08 2:01 pm  · 
 · 

Treekiller... Sweet.....I will have to check it.

Mar 11, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Website
Mar 11, 08 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: