Archinect
anchor

Glass Facade - Sanaa Dior / Bregenz

zacman

Hey guys,

I've got a glass facade on my student project building, the building is similar to the Dior store by sanaa (see below). I've also looked at zumthor bregenz museum (however this is an independant box glass structure, i want something thinner)

Specifically I'm looking for a glazed facade which has mechanical openers for ventilation - the problem with the Sanaa one below is that the facade is fixed so ventilation it's not so great.

I want an effect similar to this for my facade.

The basic build up is a 7 story building, with an atrium, and concrete ribbed floor slab supported by steel columns.

I want a thin glasss facade that wraps round the the whole thing. I am wondering if anyone knew any examples of this other than the Sanaa one below?

cheers and beers. zac :)

Mar 8, 08 6:00 pm
Apurimac

My idea would be to increase the size of your floor plates and vent through those, cold air intakes on bottom of each floor, with exhausts at the top with raised floors and dropped ceilings all around. Double up the glass walls by leaving an air gap between your glass plates and you'd have a well insulated building that also breathes.

You can also use your atrium to generate a chimney effect which will vent hot air through the top of your building while cool air in from below, it could also be integrated into the raised floor/dropped ceiling exhaust system.

I believe the Nordeutsche-Landesban uses a similar vent system through the floors:

Mar 8, 08 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

look at thomas herzog (herzog + partner)

Mar 8, 08 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
mgb
http://www.alejandroaravena.com/

siamese towers at UC

concrete shell, wrapped in glass. glass is open above and below. air between the glass and shell is heated and in effect hot air is pulled from the building.

Mar 8, 08 7:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: