Archinect
anchor

Has anyone seen that Kohler commerical where the architect has to design a house around a Kohler faucet?

A V

hehehehe

Mar 1, 08 11:03 am
drums please, Fab?

originally she whips out something like this:

they changed it to some sorta clean modern thing. isn't that building in london?

Mar 1, 08 11:16 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

hey here's the original commercial

Mar 1, 08 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

'to see our ahchitecture you don't look around ze corner you look around ze vorld'

Mar 1, 08 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

what can I do for you

Mar 1, 08 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
A V

Can someone please design a house around my $49 ikea bookshelf?

Thanks

Mar 1, 08 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
dutchmodernist

A V: ha!
Isn't the faucet a fussy oxidized/antiqued bronze thing? i hate that commercial.

Kohler does have the nicest range of ada-compatible fixtures, though.

Mar 1, 08 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
A V

heheh I cant wait to go to grad school and to propose that my thesis will be to design a house around a Kohler faucet.

And then one day I can dress only monochromatically and learn to speak with a vague european accent.

Mar 1, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

ah hahahaha, that is priceless! Was that a doctored pic of the UCSD library he pointed to on the stairs?

Mar 1, 08 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

I'm glad Kohler is interested in making the people who spec their products (architects) look good.

Mar 1, 08 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

uh, ok... that faucet is hideous, his accent is deplorable and i'm 99% sure someone with an office that big and a foster-ish aesthetic will not be using that POS faucet. i love how confident and cocky he looks.
'twould be better if he smacked it off the table and laid down this beaut...

but i spot the rainier tower, which won "5 presigious awards" ha!

and i'm pretty sure the geisel library (UCSD )isn't PS'd, it's what it looks like head on and overexposed.

Mar 1, 08 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

is that the jacobsen-designed one? looks like it...

yes, geisel... thanks, couldn't remember his name for some reason.

Mar 1, 08 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
scralk

this commercial is just embarrassing, even if it does represent the architect as some lockjawed droid rem-like droid. somehow it just makes me cringe.

Mar 1, 08 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
scralk

said droid twice. just goes to show you. but seriously wtf is with that ad

Mar 1, 08 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

those people are about to choose a wrong architect for their house. she has a secret chip on her head against architects and she'll be hell bound during the project and her husband will divorce her and move in with the architect. she, one day, will sneak up to their stainless steel house near the creek and bash their heads in sleep with that kohler faucet that she has been carrying with her. blood everywhere, she'll go to bathroom (appearently her ex husbands) and will see her ex's separate master bathroom is all kohler including the very murder weapon faucet and she'll cry in front of the mirror from remorse and she'll breake the mirror. just then she'll notice the almost dead european architect made it to bathroom area crawling the white carpet floors with blood all over and he'll shoot her with a chrome nickeled small pistol (matching some other german plumbing product's finish) and say "bizcth" something like equal to saying "rosebud" and die on the carpet.
hehe. tragic.

Mar 1, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

hey, they're all white people

Mar 1, 08 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

manta-
yep. the jacobsen-designed vola.

Mar 1, 08 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

priceless, orhan, priceless.

Mar 1, 08 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
Gabriel84

The updated version of that commercial gives the architect something to work with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bQZkMaeg1g

Mar 1, 08 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Emilio, you mean they are architects and clients? Ha.

Mar 1, 08 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
aaandrew

If they hadn't faded to black, the next scene would have been the architect kicking them out.

It's a really weird commercial, in that none of the characters are likable. They all come across as A-holes.

The Bold Look of Kohler: Use our Faucets as a Smarmy Joke to Piss of a Conceited Architect.

Mar 1, 08 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

an $80 faucet...

Mar 1, 08 8:13 pm  · 
 · 

Wolf Kahler is my favorite architect. Here we are as Bohemian Royalty.

Mar 1, 08 8:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: