Archinect
anchor

Spiral staircases

NYTRYDER

Can anyone help me draw a spiral staircase (metal) with Autocad 2006. I need a lisp to draw them quickly. Thanks!

Feb 28, 08 5:25 pm
spark

figure out how many treads you need in the full circle (by degrees) and use the array command

Feb 28, 08 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
NYTRYDER

Hey many thanks for the info. It helped

Feb 29, 08 10:33 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

So you don't need a rutine for a 3D one ?

Feb 29, 08 11:01 am  · 
 · 
NYTRYDER

Yes I still do. Please help

Feb 29, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Ok no problem -- I has a aincient Lisp program I once wrote for AutoCAD ver. 2.6 . I will work in any later versions tht evaluate AutoLisp , and I can post it if I just know your address.
How it work ;

You draw the first step and maybe the piece of railing with that.
These you make into a block -- the rutine will work with any entity but using a block will make one entity and the rutine work with only one entity.
Then you do some simple calculations , such as jow far in hight between steps, how many steps -- just count to many you can allway's delete what's more.
Then you load the application, type it's name and on you go --- a ladder to the moon ,even spiral stairs -- just count the steps or type in to many ; guess this is a detail I sjhuld have written into the application as it would have been easy , but when the application start it will ask a few questions , like asking you to point to the center of where it shal start , hight between steps, how many steps --- and as soon as you finaly are asked to point out "the entity" , you will be surprised how fast a spiral staircase are drawn 3D .
Just tell your mail address -- I can attach the lisp rutine to a mail.

Feb 29, 08 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
NYTRYDER

Thanks for responding Per--Corell. I trust you had a good weekend. Here is my e-mail for you to forward your routine to me. It would be very much appreciated by myself and a few other folks. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule.

[email protected]

Mar 3, 08 10:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: