Archinect
anchor

Media Room Doors

yarddawg7

Hey guys, I'm wondering if someone can help me out. This is a residential question, but maybe there's a solution from the commercial field. My firm works on high-end custom homes. Just about all of them want a Media Room, big surprise lol. Anyway, we like to do a 4-door sliding unit so that we create a big opening to the Game Room or other areas that people may want to view the big screen outside of the room. However, when those doors are closed, they still create an exit for sound whether it's over the top of the door (inside the pocket) or underneath (we're looking into some sort of brush applications at the bottoms). I guess my question is, does anyone have experience with sound proofing sliding doors like that and can you share some solutions you may have? That would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 26, 08 1:01 pm
mdler

i am an accoustic consultant...I charge $200 an hr

Feb 26, 08 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Krieger Custom Doors. Get out your checkbook.

Feb 26, 08 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

Hmmm... sounds like you want a set of exterior doors with weather stripping to reduce the sound moving from one side to the other. Nanawall comes to mind. We have used them before - they are very nice and very expensive.

Brush seals won't really do a thing for your application.

Feb 27, 08 11:07 am  · 
 · 
yarddawg7

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll look into a couple of those places and continue my research to present to my company.

Mar 2, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: