Archinect
anchor

Canada IAP

piaf

Does anyone know if the Canadian intern program has limitations on credit for work done during a Master's program? I know they limit how much you can claim while in undergrad, but what if your professional degree is a mater's degree?
Thanks!

Feb 23, 08 10:48 am
innes

you can log up to 1880 hours in the discretionary category, which includes post-grad work. if you have an m.arch professional degree, this wouldn't count as post-grad. the thing is, by the time you've completed all the other categories, you would likely have accumulated that 1880 hours through work experience, so any post-grad experience becomes irrelevant.

Feb 23, 08 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
piaf

Just to clarify, I don't mean post-grad experience. I mean experience interning for a firm while doing a professional master's degree.

Feb 24, 08 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

If I recall you can go back and claim some of the hours of work prior to your actual registration for interning, I think I claimed about six months worth of work.

Feb 25, 08 11:53 am  · 
 · 
innes

then that work would fit into the 1880 hours i mentioned above, on the form it is listed as "undergraduate experience" in the discretionary (E) category.

Feb 25, 08 4:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: