Archinect
anchor

Wrigley Field Expansion

johnnyclark

Does anybody know about or have any information about any proposed expansions or developments onto the triangular space directly to the west of Wrigley field?

Feb 22, 08 5:01 pm
brut

I think they might be putting down new pavers with names of people who have donated money?

does anyone else know?

Feb 25, 08 10:26 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

link

Feb 25, 08 10:44 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

this needs to happen in order to save this historic field

Feb 25, 08 10:45 am  · 
 · 
johnnyclark

ahha. Thanks. so it was by HOK.

Feb 25, 08 10:45 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

wrigley field is gross on the outside. it has big exposed aggregate conc panels from the 60's on it. The upper deck structures are in need of an overhaul - this new intervention is perfect because it can shore up the left field side without ruining the historic park inside.

Im not sure what the strategy would be on the right field side. Probly buttress it along the street.

Feb 25, 08 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
brut

oh, i thought you were talking about the other smaller triangle to the south that they're working on right now

Feb 25, 08 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn

I agree with evil, the outside isn't very friendly. I'm glad they want to block the McDonald's from view.

Mar 13, 08 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

I heard that the Scrubbies were considering playing next year at Miller Park because they would not be able to play at Wrigley while the construction was going on and there was no way in hell they were going to hole up at the new Comiskey.

Mar 13, 08 3:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: