Archinect
anchor

project architect = licensed only?

uhhhhh

I have seen instances where people are listed as "Project Architects" for a certain job, but are not licensed. Also, at the firm I work at, amongst junior staff, interior designers are known as 'junior designers' and architecture interns are known as 'junior architects' for identification purposes.

Is this correct? If one calls themselves a 'junior architect' does it legally mean they are licensed? I am asking because I am filling out something in a school application asking for professional experience, and I don't want to refer to myself as a Project Architect (although that's what I am known as in the firm for the project I am on) when it is misleading.

TIA ya'llllllllll!!!

Feb 21, 08 3:51 pm
snook_dude

You should check with you State Department of Consumer Affairs,
if you are in the United States. Every State has adopted Professional
regulations, just so you don't get your butt in the snare, because you
refer to yourself as the Project Architect when your not registered in front of some public commission. While you have other Registered Architects sitting in the room. So one might just file a complaint with the state because Architecture is regarded as a Professional Practice.

Feb 21, 08 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
dutchmodernist

Architectural Project Manger?

But then you have to check and see if you can say architectural.

Feb 21, 08 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
dutchmodernist

manger = manager

Feb 21, 08 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

now there's an idea to pitch to bravo tv: Project Manger.

Feb 21, 08 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
pvbeeber

I think "Job Captain" is the usual title for an unlicensed person in this position.

Feb 23, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: