Archinect
anchor

Furniture Builder in L.A.

Workshop B

Can anyone refer a shop in Los Angeles that uses a CNC mill to cut wood and/or metal? I have some furniture pieces with complex angles that I want to get cut based on some 3d models I have developed. I intend on assembling the pieces myself. Thanks

Feb 17, 08 10:57 pm
dierxap

Sounds like you don't need a furniture maker, just a mill worker with some CNC equipment and a little patience to code your model.

How many axis on the mill? is it basically flat pieces cut out of sheet product (then waterjet, router would suffice) Or are there undercuts..etc? What is the maximum size of the part? All of these questions you will need answers to even if you find someone with the machine.

More information is needed from your end, then just look up and call a mill worker in your area. Ask if they have the machine, most do nowadays..and if they don't they probably know someone who does.

good luck.

Feb 18, 08 9:23 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

or make friends with some of the shop jocks @ SCI-Arc

Feb 18, 08 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
Associated Fabrication

We do contract CNC milling in Brooklyn, NY, and have done work for clients in Los Angeles.

You can email part files to [email protected] for an estimate.

link

Mar 3, 08 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: