Archinect
anchor

INSPIRATION ~ Where did it go?

How do you guys find inspiration? Sometimes I find myself in a rut where it takes me longer than usual to come up with design ideas or solutions for problems. What do you guys, professionals/students, do to keep yourself "fresh". Via Music? Art? Architecture? Extracurricular activities?

Let me know and share what wisdom you have to offer. Also feel free to post links to your sources of inspiration.

Apr 16, 13 10:12 am
Anob

It depends on what I'm working on, but I usually get my inspiration from literature. Reading creates different images in my head that wouldn't have come with on my own. I transfer these idea into something visual. Another way I maintain inspiration is I keep myself physically active which exhaust my body and gives my mind time to explore ideas.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a great workout I recommend it. It improves your cardio and problem solving skills. Great cardio improves blood flow to your brain. Here's my inspiration video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ20goEZ31c

Apr 16, 13 10:36 am  · 
 · 
ncecchi

Inspiration comes from the intersection of novel experiences and some type of pre-existing knowledge.

Apr 16, 13 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: