Archinect
anchor

How to deal with filling IDP after 2 years?

andres

I have recently left a for which I worked 2 years and was not register for IDP. Now I have to fill the workbooks. Is it possible to fill out just the sumary? Or does it really have to be filled on a weekely basis. What I got from the firm was a sumary of all of my hours by project and task. Anyone who has een thru this experience please advise.

Feb 12, 08 1:51 am
aking

The workbook is just a tool to help you on a day to day basis and is not required to send in to IDP. It provides a summary at the end that I believe is what you send in to IDP.

Feb 12, 08 8:29 am  · 
 · 
andres

Aking thank you for your response, I was freaking out thinking that I had to go over more than 100 timesheets.

Feb 12, 08 11:23 am  · 
 · 
simples

eventually, i should do the same Andres...right now, i am adding up to about 10years worth of timesheets...:)

Feb 12, 08 11:24 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

NCARB be trippin' ..I wanna bus a cap in thoze fools. fershnizzle.

Feb 12, 08 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Bloopox

You don't send the workbooks OR the summary at the end of the workbooks to NCARB.
All you send to NCARB are the completed employment report forms for each employment situation (and actually those are supposed to be mailed directly by your supervisor - not by you.)

But: you do want to keep the workbook and/or your timesheets, because once in a rare while NCARB will ask for additional documentation about an employment situation.

Feb 12, 08 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

first you better make sure your former employer will sign it.

Feb 12, 08 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

i submitted a year and a half at once...then the remaining year and a half...

Feb 12, 08 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

anyone know anything about filing CIDP materials after employment? california has a supplemental IDP called CIDP and the intern is required to submit work examples and essays preferably every 6 months while employed...i guess my only option now is to submit all the supplemental materials in bulk...

Feb 12, 08 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

In Cali - you dont send the work samples to IDP - or CIDP - or NCARB - they are for your employer to look at to make sure you are covering all bases...they sign the form and send it in

Feb 12, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

god, so the next week filling out all this IDP hours crap-ola, then telling former bosses to sign or i'll expose their secret sex lives!

this reallysucks my balls.

Apr 3, 08 1:42 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

oh, and that's for 3 consecutive years worth...

Apr 3, 08 1:43 am  · 
 · 
simples

so...what about all those rumors about IDP going away all together...

or was that a nice warm fuzzy dream of mine?!

Apr 3, 08 11:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: