Archinect
anchor

Egg Crating

PerCorell

Allmost forgot ; I am a Gardin Kunstner a Stakit Kolorist and a Rullegardin instalatør --- I told so, I newer brag about huge paintings less common than Graffiti letters. But the strange thing is, that people seem to love those portraits , guess it's becaurse you see them everywhere, becaurse anyone allready dwvelobed master tools, and 90 pct. of modern realistic arts has for the past decade allready been overpainted posters, printed collages and paint thrown on canvas ; but that is Art, not as mine , that is only Gardinkunst , something I just copied right ?

Feb 14, 08 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"f you can paint over a projected image, you're an artist !"

Don't matter anything anyway, Arts critics can't tell the difference between right and left anyhow. They see exactly what they want to see so it don't matter if you are good or bad, it don't matter if the image is good or bad.

Feb 14, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

But mayby you are right --- The world are full of artists who can deliver a 5 by 2 meter painting for under 1000 Eur.

Feb 14, 08 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Exactly as architecture are full of designers, who acturly can press a button , and deliver an intire 100 pct. accurate assembly for a building structure.

Feb 14, 08 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

MADianito, THANK YOU!!! A little roundabout, but I got something like what I was looking for. Great stuff! I'm actually about to send the very same model that I was working on when I started this thread long ago to the CNC machine, I will report back to all with results... Per, this means you!

Feb 14, 08 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Kill The Brick !

Feb 14, 08 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

kill the competition ? how enlightened. . .

Feb 14, 08 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

SDR -- no it's not as simple as that.

But try this link , I think you will find it interesting unless you know these huge camera obscura ;

http://brightbytes.com/cosite/cohome.html

But still -- Don't you think it is just a tiny bit unfair , to state that today everyone who can press a button become an architect ? I mean , it's not the press of the button that make it , but advanced skills preparing a design , down to the bottom of it. Projecting eack and every wall, floor everything -- and there are no round corners , as when you press the button, then everything must be exact and perfect drawn 3D . Now what do it take to draw that in 3D. What do it take to be able to come up with something newer seen before ?

And about the Arts -- didn't you know Leonardo invented the Camera Obscura ; that painters since has used that and parabolic mirrors ,for most of those paintings where we today say "how could they do it".

And Art what is that -- was it realy that bad a thing, when the first cave man used the cat's tail as brush, instead of doing it with his fingers , as all cavemen painters before him "proved" it to be "the right way to do it" ?

Sorry SDR here we stand again, -- you unwilling to accept that art is more than tradision, me with an experience, that the only way to share a new beauty, is to challance the old and install the new -- trusting a fair game.

Feb 15, 08 4:21 am  · 
 · 
Mission St.

thx MADianito! [in case anyone missed it, he appears to have actually answered the question posed by Podzilla]

i had to draw about 100+ ribs last weekend, with interior "trussing" and notches at each intersection. took me 30+ hours and several playlists...

Feb 15, 08 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Mission St . please entlightrn --- I am very ancious to know .

Every of the 3dh I forced upon this and other boards , all carry the same trouble ; it is easy to generate the frames , but the overlap has to be made "by hand" . Not that difficult a process , and it is repeating the same and same functions --- so one would think it shuld be easy to make a script, but still I found it difficult to make rules that will make one halve notch open up and one halve notch open down, where each frames meet.
I know the solution are out there , I am sure about that -- and also that is is something like finding overlapping volumes , finding the measure in these volumes being the same as the hight if the frame and then draw a new notch , halve down --90 deg the thickness -- and up again the distance halve the length of the vector describing the same as the start vector ; and I know I shuld be able to describe this in Lisp much better than doing eash halve notch by hand -- after the frame are sectioned out , aided by the overlap lines.

Please tell more ........

Feb 17, 08 4:48 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Atleast Mission St -- trust me that I am not some ols Metussalem Architect , unwilling to share the credits --- I don't has an army of skilled young designers who I force to rob the intelctural rights of today's bold innovative or new thinking designers --- only to rob their results to build a legend for the arts credits to bow.
Emagine a system well exposed allready -- as 3dh -- would suddenly be avaible by a neat script ; allowing an army of real inspired young designers , overthrow the old and settled, the credit robbing old men who themself, newer trusted the tool of the future.
Emagine what a revolution , when houses can be build from sheet material, designed with standard computers and free CAD programs --- emagine what a revolution in architecture.... All I ask is my share of realising this new method , no reson to cramp the ribbons into not looking as 3dh , by adding just that single line of credit, amd part of it could be yours.

Feb 17, 08 4:58 am  · 
 · 
Mission St.

Here, I will revive this thread and invite even more 3dh talk.

Because? Well, I found a rhino script that does exactly what I need:
http://dimitrie.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/bridge-to-materiality/
and be sure to read the follow-up post to that blog entry, they expanded the script to accommodate basically any solid object (with or without internal voids even). Previous scripts that I'd seen really just worked with a single surface that was offset some fixed amount. This script can deal with variable depth ribs...maybe your surface/object is a foot deep in some parts and 8 feet deep in others, this script handles that.

Anyway, it's totally awesome and saves a huge *huge* amount of click click click in the Rhinos.

Serious props to Dimitrie at Universitatea de Arhitectura si Urbanism "Ion Mincu" (Bucharest, Romania) and Manuel at Universidad Católica de Chile.

Sep 28, 08 8:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: