Archinect
anchor

ADHD & beyond!

treekiller

from now on, no scientologist are allowed on this thread...

there is a scholarship available for folks with adult ADHD from eli lilly, the folks that brought us strattera...

RE: Twenty-one scholarships available through the Focus on Your Possibilities Scholarship Program

Through these scholarships, Lilly will recognize adults (age 25+) with ADHD who demonstrate the drive to pursue their educational goals.

Over the past few years, Lilly has focused on helping adults with ADHD improve their lives. The scholarship program is one area in which Lilly has helped people with ADHD.

These scholarships may be used for traditional undergraduate college settings, GED courses, post-college studies, and technical institute degrees. If you or someone you know is interested in applying, you can learn more by visiting www.ADHD.com/Possibilities Deadline for entries is July 1, 2008.

The best of luck to all applicants!

May 5, 08 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

TK, is that a joke?

May 6, 08 11:12 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

I think they are serious about providing scholarships & I'm serious about banning all scientologist cult members.

May 6, 08 11:59 am  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

Thanks for the post.

While I think I have symptoms of add/hd, my son officially meets the criteria but not classically. He is 6 3/4. He will tell you so. Don't say "o" for "zero" (as in six o eight). He is definitely closer to the "ring of fire" as listed up thread.

As a parent you some times say "I was the same way." times are different now and having the diagnosis gives the parent a lot of power in the public school system. I am even told that extra time for the SAT's is available.

The one thing about the drugs that I have noticed is that they only help focus but do nothing to foster compliance. He does not become a zombie.

Focus for him is a matter of preference. W/ out meds he can sucessfuly play warcraft III for hours at a stretch. He mastered the campaign editor six months ago. Just don't ask him to write a sentence for using his spelling words.

I would not try Montessori schools with these kids.

Btw they say that this "dysfunction" occurs mostly in smart people.

May 11, 08 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

what ever you do don't drug yourself or your children that is abusive and has many negative side effects that far outweigh the performance effects of the drugs.

May 12, 08 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: