Archinect
anchor

A lifetime opportunity to attend TED

Katze

I received this info and thought someone might be interested in attending TED. I wanted to go myself (tickets have been sold out for over a year now) but the current bid is $$$. Probably unreachable for most, but proceeds will go towards the Open Architecture Network which was created in response to TED Prize Winner Cameron Sinclair.

here

---------------------------
A TED2008 Main Hall Pass has just gone up for auction on ebay. It's the only remaining legal way that someone can get into the event. The auction is being done with our approval, because all the proceeds will go towards the Open Architecture Network.

The single pass, which guarantees coveted access to the main theater where speakers present, includes three special extras:
- a first-day cocktail with TED super-connector Sunny Bates
- a coffee at TED with the brilliant founder of ebay Pierre Omidyar
- and a lunch with the charming, insightful and delightful Meg Ryan

TED2008 has been sold out for more than a year, so we suspect this is going to make someone very happy indeed. It won't be cheap, but the successful bidder will be making a philanthropic contribution to an organization that's empowering architects and designers to change the world.

TED2008 is Feb 27-March 1, in Monterey, California on the theme "The Big Questions".

Jan 25, 08 1:13 pm
mdler

what is TED?

Jan 25, 08 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader. There mission is to spread ideas.

TED is really quite inspirational whether you're attending the event or proposing an idea.

Here are a few of my favorite TED speakers:

Cameron Sinclair TED Prize wish: Open-source architecture to house the world

Burt Rutan sees the future of space

John Maeda: Simplicity patterns

You can find more information on the website.

Jan 25, 08 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

I think he was kidding, but I watched the Maeda clip a few days ago, and the Sinclair clip again today. I find the TED site inspiring.

Jan 26, 08 12:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: