Archinect
anchor

Parsons Seeking New Design/Build Faculty Member: What Happened to Terry?

ichweiB

Just wondering if something happened to Terry and if anyone on here knows...or is he still around?

Jan 10, 08 8:49 am
notone-co

Boling?

Jan 10, 08 8:58 am  · 
 · 
mdler

he is at Cincinnati

Jan 10, 08 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
semi precious strands

terry was let go. [rather gracelessly in my opinion.] there have been a lot of changes in Parsons AIDL administration, and apparently they all couldn't get along.
when i spoke with he and his wife a couple of months ago, they were pretty upset. they have been a part of this program since the beginning and truly appreciate every project and almost every student that has come out of the design build experience. [those that know terry know that he can be tough to handle sometimes, but most students are able to get around that and find a very supportive guy behind all the bluster.]
i know that terry was still motivated to continue helping students learn how to build though. he spoke of the possibility of starting their own independent program. i hope that he does! he is really great at getting people who perhaps aren't that comfortable with power tools, and have little to no practical building experience and giving them the motivation and knowledge it takes to build. i personally thought he did a wonderful job at helping me figure out details without telling me how it "should" be done.
so anyway, that's what i know!

Jan 10, 08 12:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: